Massachusetts Institute of Technology adopted a European polytechnic university model and stressed laboratory instruction in applied science and engineering. MIT is a large, highly residential, research university with a majority of enrollments in graduate and professional programs.
MIT provides 44 undergraduate degrees across its five schools. MIT offers a comprehensive doctoral program with degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields as well as professional degrees. It also offers dozens of executive and professional programs.
MIT faculty help set the global standard of excellence in their disciplines. MIT is chartered as a non-profit organization and is owned and governed by a privately appointed board of trustees known as the MIT Corporation. With elements of both professional and liberal education, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Acceptance Rate is 7.9%.
What GPA Do You Need To Get Into MIT?
- If you’re currently a junior or senior, your GPA is hard to change in time for college applications.
- With a GPA of 4.13, MIT requires you to be at the top of your class.
- The average GPA at MIT is 4.13.
- This makes MIT Extremely Competitive for GPAs.
- This will help you compete effectively against other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
Is MIT an Ivy League School?
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is one of the largest private research universities.
- MIT students refer to both their majors and classes using numbers or acronyms alone.
- The university historically pioneered research and training collaborations between academia, industry, and government.
MIT Sat Score Analysis (New 1600 Sat)
If you live in an MIT suburb such as Belmont, you may want to consult a directory of best tutors to boost your score a bit.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a Good ACT Score for MIT?
What are MIT’s average ACT scores?
- In this guide, we’ll discuss what scores are needed for you to get admitted into MIT.
- The average ACT score composite at MIT is a 34.
Is MIT a Prestigious School?
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private institution that was established in 1861.
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 4,524, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 168 acres.
What is MIT Best Known For?
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is well known for its dedication to science and technology.
- MIT is perhaps best known for its programs in engineering and the physical sciences, other areas—notably economics, political science, urban studies, linguistics, and philosophy—are also strong.
- Admission is extremely competitive, and undergraduate students are often able to pursue their own original research.
How Much Does it Cost To Go To MIT?
- The cost of a four-year education at most private university is enough to make just about any student blanch.
- For the 2017-2018 academic year, the average cost of tuition and fees at MIT, located just outside of Boston, was $49,892.
- To cover room and board, students can expect to pony up another $14,720.
- That amounts to a hefty $64,612 annually, even before factoring books and personal expenses into the equation.
What Majors Are MIT Known For?
- The Institute is traditionally known for its research and education in the physical sciences and engineering, but more recently in biology, economics, linguistics, and management as well.
- MIT offers a comprehensive doctoral program with degrees in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields as well as professional degrees.
- The Institute offers graduate programs leading to academic degrees such as the Master of Science (which is abbreviated as SM at MIT), various Engineer’s Degrees, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), and Doctor of Science (ScD) and interdisciplinary graduate programs such as the MD-PhD
How much is Tuition at MIT?
- MIT is committed to being financially accessible.
- The total price for MIT—tuition and fees, housing and dining, and personal expenses—is more than $70,000 a year. But MIT is committed to making it affordable for all.
- Today, six out of every 10 students receive MIT need-based aid.
- The average price they pay for tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, board and other expenses is about $23,000—considerably lower than our published price.
- The estimated price for 2018–19 is $70,240.
This breaks down as follows:
|Tuition and Fees||$51,832|
|Housing and Dining||$15,510|
|Books and Personal Expenses||$2,898|
Is MIT a Public Or Private School?
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MIT has five schools (Science, Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Management, and Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences) and one college (Whitaker College of Health Sciences and Technology), but no schools of law or medicine.
- MIT’s highly ranked graduate schools include the School of Engineering and Sloan School of Management, in addition to strong programs in economics, psychology, biology, chemistry, earth sciences, physics, and mathematics.
What is SAT Score Required for the MIT?
Want to get a perfect SAT score at Massachusetts Institute of Technology?
- The average SAT score composite at MIT is 1520.