Maryland Association of Counties is inviting people to participate in the 2021 Photo Contest. To participate, you have to submit a photograph depicting nature. The photographs may include birds, insects, flora and fauna, etc. that are in any manner related to nature. All the photographs should be clicked in Maryland and be submitted in landscape format and in high resolution. The four categories of the contest are winter, summer, spring, and fall. You can participate in any of the categories. The submission deadline is August 5, 2021.
Nature is the most important resource in the world. From the food, we eat to the clothes we wear everything whether directly or indirectly comes from nature. Therefore, it is very important to preserve our environment. The Maryland Association, through this contest, aims to spread awareness regarding the importance of preserving nature. Participating in the contest is an excellent chance to show your love for your surroundings and your talent in the photography field. This contest will help you to get a whole new perspective on your surroundings.
The Department of Natural Resources leads Maryland in securing a sustainable future of the environment, society, and economy by preserving, protecting, restoring, and enhancing the State’s natural resources. Their objective is to maintain healthy Maryland Watershed Lands, streams, and non-tidal rivers, maintain a sustainable population of living resources and aquatic habitat.
Table of Contents
Refer to the table below for further details:
|Organization||Maryland Association of Counties|
|Number of Awards||12|
|Application Deadline||August 5, 2021|
|Requirements||A photograph captured in Maryland|
Who is Eligible?
All the individuals residing in any of the states of The USA is eligible to participate in the 2021 Maryland Natural Resource Photo Contest. The contest will be held under four categories:
As this is a natural-resources focused contest, therefore, try to include birds, insects, flora, fauna, weather and wonder, etc. in your photograph.
How to Apply?
To participate, check on the following guidelines:
- First go to https://www.shopdnr.com/ to pay the entry amount.
- Submit the online application form
- An entry of $10 for up to three photographs and $3 for each additional photograph must be paid.
- All photos must be landscape in orientation.
- Photos previously published by a third party is not allowed for submission.
- All photos must be original.
- Photos must be clear, in highest resolution possible.
- Photos must be named as: Name photos in a Subject_Title by Name format
- All the photographs should feature Maryland.
- The one Grand Prize Winner: The recipient will get USD $500; one-year Maryland State Park Passport; two-year subscription to the Maryland Natural Resource magazine; five copies of the 2022 calendar; image on the cover.
- Three First Place Winners (winter, spring, summer, fall, minus the Grand Prize Winner): The recipients will get 2021 Maryland State Park Passport; two-year subscription to the Maryland Natural Resource magazine; five copies of the 2022 calendar.
- Four Second Place Winners (winter, spring, summer, fall): The winning candidates will get one-year subscription to the Maryland Natural Resource magazine, and five copies of the 2022 calendar.
- Four Third Place Winners (winter, spring, summer, fall): The winners will get one copy of the 2022 calendar with winning photo published
The entries are welcome for submission till August 5, 2021. No entries received after the deadline will be valid.