To support your graduate and postgraduate students who are living in the United States, the American Physical Therapy Association is offering the Mary McMillan Scholarship.
The intent of the award is to recognize those students who exhibit superior scholastic ability and potential for future professional contribution.
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is a U.S-based individual membership professional organization. Through this award, the company wants to improve the health and quality of life of individuals in society by increasing the awareness of physical therapy.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The program is open to citizens of the United States
- Students must be nominated from physical therapist assistant education programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the association.
How to Apply
There is an online process to apply for this scholarship:
- Students need the completed student application form.
- All participants must fill the current enrollment verification form.
- Student essay as explained in the application form.
- 2 letters in support of the nomination, one from a representative of the student body and one from a representative of the faculty, that specifically focuses on a nominee’s worthiness for this award, not to exceed 2 pages each.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically.
- An award of $5,000 will be granted to each physical therapist professional education student recipient and
- $3,000 to each physical therapist assistant education student recipient.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019.