Marshall Scholarships provide financial assistance to young Americans of exceptional ability who wish to study in the United Kingdom. Each year, up to fifty Scholars are selected to pursue graduate studies at a UK institution in any field of study.
The main objective of the program is to enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country’s future leaders, to study in the UK.
Funded by the British government, the Marshall Scholarship is available for outstanding young Americans. By this opportunity, students will get to earn advanced degrees in any academic subject at any university in the United Kingdom.
Marshall Aid Commemoration Commission is to enable intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country’s future leaders, to study in the UK. They promote the personal and academic fulfilment of each scholar. Up to forty Scholars are selected each year to study at the graduate level at a UK institution in any field of study.
The deadlines for the 2022 Marshall Competition are: 28 September 2021 for applicants and recommenders. 5pm in the time zone your university is located. 30 September 2021 for endorsement and submission by US Institution. 5pm in the time zone your university is located.
Who May Eligible
- Open only to United States citizens who (at the time they take up their Scholarship) hold a first degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.7. To qualify for awards tenable from September 2022,
- Candidates must have graduated from their undergraduate college or university after April 2019.
How to Apply
- To apply, Applicants must create an account. Make a note of the e-mail address you have used and your password, as you will need it if you wish to work on your application for more than one session. To apply go here and click Register New User.
- Before completing the application candidates are advised to consider the objectives of the Marshall Scholarship Programme (see the opening paragraph of the Rules for Candidates);
- The evaluation Criteria and to be aware that the selection committees are seeking candidates who have the potential to excel as scholars, leaders and as contributors to improved UK-US understanding.
Learn more about applying to the scholarship.
- The scholarship will provide university fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse.
- They are awarded up to 50 Scholarships awarded annually.
Application Deadline: All applicants must complete and submit their applications no later than 5 pm in the time zone where your endorsing institution is located on 21 September 2021.