If you want an educational fund to take away all your financial concerns, then the Marion Huber Learning Company is giving the “Listening Award” for good achievers for the academic year 2019/20.
The grant is available for those students who plan to continue their education after graduation, in recognition of their academic achievement and outstanding leadership in the U.S.
Learning Ally is a non-profit volunteer organization operating nationwide in the United States. It provides services for individuals with print disabilities such as dyslexia and visual impairments, as well as the people who support them.
Who May Eligible
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Students have an active Learning Ally subscription and have added at least 1 book to Learning Ally bookshelf in the past 12 months.
- Applicants must be a member of the 2019 graduating class of a public, private, or home school in the United States or its territories, including U.S. military installations.
- Candidates must plan to continue formal education beyond high school at either a two or four-year college or vocational school.
- The aspirant has not previously received an award from Learning Ally, formerly RFB&D.
- The applicant may not a family member of a Learning Ally employee, volunteer, or serving on the national board.
How to Apply
- Applicants need to completed and signed the personal application.
- Candidate must have a personal narrative in writing and video recording about your learning difference and how Learning Ally changed your life.
- Students must know the details of any milestones, honours, awards, and noted achievements, including educational honours, special awards, honorary society memberships, and any special accomplishments.
- Aspirants must have a Brief description of any of your extracurricular, community activities, and leadership roles.
- Participants need to complete one letter of recommendation for this award who knows you personally and can speak to your classroom performance and extracurricular activities.
- If you are selected in the pool of final candidates, an official transcript of your grades from your recent degree may be required.
- The awards will be given to the six students who are chosen by a selection committee.
- Learning Ally awards gave to the three top winners $6,000 each
- Three individual honours winners $2,000 each.
- Winners will be notified of their awards in early 2020.
Application Deadline: Applications will be closed on November 30, 2019.