The University of York is delighted to announce the Maria Bourboulis Scholarship in memory of York Alumna Maria Bourboulis. The purpose of the program is to support both international and UK/EU students for the study in the field of Sociology.
Applications are invited from highly qualified and motivated applicants to take up this new MA scholarship opportunity in the Department of Sociology at the University of York.
- Type: MA
- Location: York, UK
- Funding for: UK/EU Students and international students
- Start Date: September 2018
- Time: Full Time for one year.
The deadline for submitting applications is 23.59pm (GMT) on 1 July 2018.
In order to be eligible you must:
- Have applied for the place an on a full-time Masters course on one of the following courses:
- MA in Social Research
- MA in Criminology and Social Research
- MA in Social Media and Social Research
- MA in Society, Culture, and Globalization
- Begin your Master’s studies in September 2018
- Have or expect to obtain a first or upper second class honors degree or equivalent prior to commencing the master program.
- If English is not your first language you should also read the English Language requirements 2018/19for postgraduate study for each department.
First, to apply for the scholarship, you will need to submit a formal Masters application through the University’s online application system.
- Application documents include a personal statement, a CV, previous degree certificates, academic transcripts and one reference letter. Please explain in your personal statement why you would like to undertake an MA/ MSc in our department at York and how the scholarship would be useful for you to achieve your goals.
- Indicate on your application documents that you intend to apply for The Maria Bourboulis MA Scholarship.
- Second, you must also submit a separate copy of your application to the Department of Sociology (email@example.com).
- B. If you have already applied for an MA/ MSc with them, you can write to us and tell that you would like to be considered for the scholarship. Provide a short additional text about the usefulness of the scholarship in order to achieve your goals.
£12,000 stipend p.a. (This does not include a fee waiver) International students are eligible; however, they will be expected to show evidence that they can compensate for the difference between the Home/EU student fees and the International student fees.
For more information: visit the website