Do you know about the Maine State Society of Washington, D.C. Foundation Scholarships? Students who have born in or have been a legal resident of the State of Maine for minimum four years; or have at least one parent born in or been a legal resident of the State of Maine for minimum four years should know about these scholarships. The Maine State Society of Washington, D.C. Foundation is happily welcoming students to their outstanding scholarships. Candidates must not have reached his/her 25th birthday by June 30 of the application year.
The Maine State Society of Washington, D.C. Foundation is pleasingly offering these scholarships to the deserving students from Maine to help them complete their higher education to have a successful career. The society is aware of students’ needs and willing to take all the possible steps to solve their issues and encourage them to achieve their academic goals and through its career goals. The society has created these programs to defray the expenses stress on the students.
The Maine State Society of Washington, D.C. Foundation is also known as a home away from home for all the Maine residents mainly those working in the Washington, DC, metro area. The society was first founded in 1894 is till the date following their aim of providing the Maine residents with different initiatives. The Foundation created different programs dedicated to the utmost growth of Maines and the development of the area. There are several initiatives for achieving the goal of the Foundation.
Explore the table mentioned for more details about the scholarships:
|Organization||Maine State Society of Washington, D.C. Foundation|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||March 15, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, a transcript, a current resume, and essay|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the requirements mandatory to be eligible for these scholarships:
- Students who have born in or have been a legal resident of the State of Maine for at least four years; or have at least one parent born in or has been a legal resident of the State of Maine for at least four years are eligible.
- Candidates must not have reached his/her 25th birthday by June 30 of the application year.
- Applicants must have completed minimum one full academic year and should be currently enrolled in a minimum of twelve semester hours or the equal in quarters/hours/courses — as a baccalaureate degree candidate, according to the college’s standards/university.
- The schoolfellow attending should be a four-year degree-granting, non-profit institution of higher learning in the State of Maine.
- No first-year college students will be eligible for this program, and the funds cannot be applied to graduate school work or community college work.
How to Apply
Eligible students should access the online application form on the official website. Please fill the application with all the essential information and materials to be considered for this scholarship. Do not submit late applications if you wish to be considered for this program. Incomplete applications provided will not be accepted by the Foundation. Please note that all other required materials (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a transcript, a current resume, and the essay should be submitted.
These programs have different benefits. But the selected students will definitely receive the scholarship of $1000. The students should use the funds to pay their academic needs like tuition, books, fees and other verified costs. These scholarships motivate students to achieve their career goals overcoming all the obstacles on their way.
Make sure you submit your application before or on March 15, 2021. After this date, no applications will be considered to award scholarships.