National Academy of Science and Technology is now accepting applications for the Magsaysay Future Engineers Technologists Award. The award is open to bachelor of science students enrolled in an engineering program or related fields.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Filipino citizen
- Bachelor of Science students with research/study/thesis on engineering sciences and technology
- Good moral character
- Ability to present the research/study/thesis output during the paper presentation, which will be scheduled.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit ten (10) complete sets of entries to the: NAST Secretariat, 3rd Level Science Heritage Building, DOST Complex, Bicutan, Taguig City 1631, Email: email@example.com.
- Areas of study should fall within the priority areas of the Department of Science and Technology, specifically in the areas of (a) biotechnology, (b) machinery, (c) engineering products, (d) engineering sources, and (e) product development.
- Nominations to this award may be made/endorsed by the school administrators, heads of professional academic or honor societies with the following requirements:
- a duly accomplished nomination form,
- (comprehensive biodata,
- copies of his/her research/thesis, and
- Grades in science, mathematics and engineering subjects duly authenticated by the University Registrar.
- For multi-authored research paper/thesis, a certification on the extent of the role of the nominee to the research/thesis will be required from the nominator/endorser.
- The First, Second and Third Prize winners will receive a cash prize of Php50, 000.00, Php 30,000.00, and Php 20,000.00, respectively and
- Plaque of recognition from NAST.
- The special citations will receive a cash prize of Php 10,000.00 each and a plaque of recognition.
The deadline for the submission of nominations is extended until September 17, 2018.