Shibuya Productions and Shueisha Inc. are sponsoring magic international manga contest as part of the Monaco anime game international conferences (magic) in partnership with Shibuya international. The competition is open to only natural persons who aged over 18 at the time of entry.
The primary aim of the contest is to find new talent and promote them to the Japanese audiences. The secondary aim is to give Shueisha Inc. the opportunity to find a new talent.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Only natural persons may enter this contest.
- The contest is free and open to all who aged over 18.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit by email along with a scanned image file of signed terms and conditions and a link to a server where they can download your full work to email@example.com
- Entry forms must be legibly completed in full.
- Any incomplete or illegible form will be rejected.
- Entry forms should be submitted by email along with a scanned image file of these signed terms and conditions and a link to a server where we can download your full work.
- You may sign each page and date the document.
- The form must include the name of the participant. The name will be used for communication, on promotional materials, and for the prize announcement.
- Length: 31-45 pages story
- Style: Manga
- Languages: French, English or Japanese (applicant’s choice)
- Technical information:
- For the shortlisting process, applicants should submit their 31-45 page story in low definition
- File Format: PDF with all the pages in one document
- 764 px, 822 px or 844 px in width
- 1200 px in height
- Paper size: A5 and A4 accepted
- The runner-up will receive a gift (product-by from a Shueisha’s manga), an autograph from the mangaka jury member, and their work will be published on the Shônen Jump + website.
- The winner will receive a trophy, an autograph from the mangaka jury member and their work will be published on Shônen Jump +.
- Shibuya Productions will also offer the winner a one-month trip to Japan (including a return ticket in economy class for one person, transportation from the airport to the accommodation, accommodation in Tokyo for one person). During the trip, the winner will meet a tantô (publisher) from Shônen Jump.
- The dates of the trip will be agreed with Shibuya Productions. Catering costs, local transportation costs, personal expenses and all other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Shibuya Productions will escort the winner on all meetings with Shueisha Inc. and will be informed about the projects arising from such meeting.
- Shibuya Productions will ensure media exposure through communication about the event and may submit the project to a publisher in France or anywhere outside Asia.
- In the event that a story other than the winner’s story is published in Japan, the winner will be paid JPY 9, 000 (nine thousand yens) per page by Shueisha Inc.
The application will close on October 15, 2018.