Minnesota Brownfields is supporting students through its Mac Hyde Brownfield Scholarship Program. The awards can be grabbed by the undergraduate/ graduate student at an accredited Minnesota college or university.
The grant is to honour Mac’s life and legacy as he was a pioneering environmental law attorney and real estate, developer. The purpose is also supporting the youth of innovative brownfield redevelopment minds.
Minnesota Brownfields is a non-profit organization. Its mission is to promote, through education, research, and partnerships, the efficient cleanup and reuse of contaminated land as a means of generating economic growth, strengthening communities.
Who May Eligible?
The scholarship applies for the candidates including the below criteria:
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited Minnesota college or university or a Minnesota resident
- Must be pursuing a field of study related to brownfields redevelopment, including engineering, earth/environmental sciences, government/public policy, law, business, real estate, public health, economic development
- Must have intended career in a profession related to community revitalization, environmental quality, or remediation
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
How to Apply
The students can send their application materials with a cover page, including the below documents via email to info-at-mnbrownfields.org.
- Must mention the name, email address, phone number, mailing address, undergraduate School, degree pursuing, current majors/minors, expected graduation date, cumulative GPA out of 4.0, graduate school, graduate degree pursuing, graduate major/minor, expected graduation date
- Short answer responses to both of the following prompts (maximum 300 words each): Please describe your short- and long-term career goals. What interests you about brownfield redevelopment? How do your career goals relate to brownfield redevelopment?
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or employers you feel understand your skills and goals
The Minnesota Brownfields will be rewarding the below-mentioned awards to recipients of the program:
- $2,000 scholarship award
- Recognition at the ReScape Awards
- Honorary student membership with Minnesota Brownfields for the duration of time as a student
- Free registration to one Minnesota Brownfields educational forum
The application period for the scholarship closes on 30th September 2020.