Get a chance to complete your studies with the help of the Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship. The program is arranged by the Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society. Students who are eligible for the awards are U.S. citizens enrolled full time in a fully accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school.
The purpose of the grant is to assist passionate scholars who are willing to achieve quality education but are bound by their financial needs. The beneficiary will be provided funds to help them accomplish their educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, travel, and many more.
The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society was established in 1954 as a 501(c) (3) organization. It serves as the charitable affiliate of the Pennsylvania Medical Society with a focus to provide access to medical school education, peer monitoring for physicians who suffer from substance use disorders, mental health issues, and behavioral concerns.
Who May Be Eligible?
To eligible for the scholarship, the candidates must be following the given eligibility rules:
- The applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Students must be a resident of Lycoming County in the state of Pennsylvania for at least 12 months before registering as a medical student (not including time spent attending an undergraduate/graduate school in Pennsylvania).
- Must be enrolled full time in a fully accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school within the United States.
- Students cannot be a recipient of the Lycoming County Medical Society Scholarship in the immediate prior year of this application.
How to Apply
Students eligible according to the above criteria are asked to sign up or sign in to the Scholarship Application Portal. Applicants are also required to provide complete documents as mentioned below to get considered for the program.
- Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician.
- A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school, verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at their institution.
- An essay accurately describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession. (500 words or less)
A $3,000 scholarship will be awarded by the Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society to several qualified medical students. The beneficiary will be getting support to accomplish or continue their further higher education without facing any hurdles.
All applications must be submitted by the deadline of September 30 of the current year.