The LULAC is cordially inviting applicants to join its National Scholarship. The full-time U.S students who are enrolled in a college or university along with the 2-year colleges and vocational schools will be able to enjoy the various awards.
The organization introduced four grants in order to support talented students in their journey of higher education and career. The recipients can utilize the amount to cover any expenses related to their studies.
LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. works as a national non-profit organization established in 1973. Its purpose is to implementing education and leadership programs that narrow the opportunity gap for America’s disadvantaged youth.
Who May Eligible?
- Must be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or be granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- Must have applied to or be enrolled as a full-time student in a college or university, including 2-year colleges, or vocational schools that lead to an associate’s degree.
- Graduate students must have applied to or be enrolled as a part-time student in a college or university
- A student will not be eligible for a scholarship if he/she is related to a scholarship committee member, the Council President, or an individual contributor to the local funds of the Council
How to Apply
The complete applications are to be mailed to your local LULAC Council. The students will only be considered with the below documents.
- Must mention high school or college transcript, including cumulative GPA
- Verification of admittance or enrollment from the institution the student is attending or planning to attend (i.e., letter of acceptance, a letter from the registrar, or a transcript)
- Typed, or neatly printed, a personal essay of not more than 300 words
The LULAC scholarship includes the below awards for the talented students:
- National Scholastic Achievement Awards ($2,000)
- Honors Awards ($500 to $2,000)
- General Awards ($250 to $1,000)
The application deadline to submit the correspondence is 30th April 2020.