Are you a Longwood University Student? Here is the opportunity for you to enjoy amazing rewards through the scholarship Programs. The Longwood University is offering various merit and foundation scholarships to the graduate, undergraduate, and transfer students and incoming freshmen.
The University is supporting all their students to help them make their education funded and easy. Longwood University has successfully granted 300 scholarships to more than 1, 000 students since the year 2015. The scholarships encourage the students to do better in their academics and free them from financial worry.
Longwood University has 5,864 students from 38 states and 20 countries with a picturesque campus in Virginia. Longwood University was founded in the year 1839 as Farmville Female Seminary Association. It is one of the oldest universities in the United States now serving with a comprehensive liberal arts education.
Who May Be Eligible?
Longwood University has put forth different eligibility requirements based on the scholarship type. Eligibility details for the scholarships are below:
- The applicant must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at Longwood University.
- For merit scholarships students with a minimum 3.0 GPA and more are eligible. For Instate freshman applicants Dean’s scholarship asks for a minimum of 3.26 GPA while Presidential scholarship asks for a minimum of 3.75 GPA.
- Outstate applicants should apply for Dean’s merit scholarship only if they have a minimum 3.26 GPA and for Presidential merit scholarship 3.75, GPA is mandatory.
- All the Longwood Students are eligible for Foundation Scholarships.
- Transfer applicants can apply only for a limited number of housing scholarships.
How to Apply
Students can apply for the scholarship through an online application form. Candidates need to sign in with the credentials. After this, you will get the general application form you can apply to apply for various grants. Transferred students should send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a scholarship form.
- Candidates enrolled in the university are required to fill credentials like LancerNET ID and Password in the application.
- Candidates need to submit essays on different topics depending on the scholarship.
- An updated resume, cover letter, recommendations, or references are required to qualify for some programs.
The deserving and applicable candidates can apply for the merit and funded scholarships considering different eligibility set forth. Selected candidates will be rewarded with different grant amounts, which will be helpful for them to pay their educational expenses.
The deadline to apply for scholarships is December 2, 2020.