To empower and support LGBTQ+ youth in their academic pursuit, Live Out Loud is proudly presenting a wonderful funding offer named “Young Trailblazers Scholarship”. This scheme is meant to provide financial assistance to students who belong to the LGBTQ+ community, and dealing with financial crises. All worthy candidates can apply the money that they will earn from this scholarship to the cover the education-related expenses and lighten their financial burden associated with education only. To book your spot in this program, aspirants should be graduating high school seniors who identify themselves as LGBTQ. They must be planning to enrol in a university, college, technical/vocational school, or other post-secondary programs.
Financial and other challenges associated with attending a college get double when it comes to LGBTQ+ students. As a student who belongs to this community, you might have to experience many adversities such as inequality, having less or no money, lacking support of friends and family and so on. It is noticed that LGBTQ+ people have been underrepresented in most of the areas from academics to workplaces. Moreover, they lack access to opportunities which are supposed to be equally available for everyone. These opportunities are education, employment opportunities and access to justice and health service. Unfortunately, being a person who hails from such community seems to be a disadvantage in today’s time. To curve this situation and improve the condition of LGBTQ+ youth in our society, Live Out Loud has taken this little but thoughtful initiative that will motivate LGBTQ+ students to go for their dreams and achieve success in their lives.
Live Out Loud is a non-profit organization which strives to inspiring and empowering LGBTQ youth by connecting them with successful LGBTQ professionals in their community. The vision of this organization is creating a world where lesbian, gay, and bisexual and transgender youth live proudly, live out and live free. Its vision reflects its dedication to its work and commitment to helping the LGBTQ community. It has brought a positive difference in the lives of many LGBTQ people by inspiring, nurturing and empowering them to build a successful future.
Table of Contents
Get the quick information through this table:
|Organization||Live Out Loud|
|Educational Level||Graduating high school seniors|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Application Deadline||March 7th, 2022|
|Requirements||Letters of recommendation and essay|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check out the given requirements before applying for this program:
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors who identify as LGBTQ;
- Candidates should be planning to enrol in a university, college, technical/vocational school, or other post-secondary programs;
- Aspirants need to be from the Tri-State area, including New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
How to Apply
To start the application process, what you will need to do is to download the application first and complete all questions. You can send your completed application as an attachment in. DOC, DOCX, or. PDF format or as a Google document digitally. You can forward your application to the Manager of Educational Programs, Exe Xourias, at email@example.com.
- Please write down and submit an essay of 500 to 1000 words approximately answering the following question: An integral part of Live Out Loud’s mission is to connect LGBTQ+ youth with role models. Who is your role model? Why do you look up to this person? How have you been a role model to someone in your school and/or community?
- Also submit two letters of recommendations from academic and/or organization professionals that attest to their prior commitment to LGBTQ+ issues, or their potential to be a courageous leader in the future. Please have recommenders email their letters directly to Exe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line of your email should appear as follows: “Preferred First and Last Name – Scholarship Application.”
This year, Living Out Loud’s scholarship is valued at $5,000. This award amount will help all worthy students pursue their higher education and ease up their burden of educational expenses. Students can use this amount to cover their expenses and take their learning journey to the whole next level. It will make their learning journey ever easier and give them a competitive edge over their peers.
Applications are due by March 7th, 2022.