If you’re embarking on the journey to earn a higher education, then you have an admirable opportunity to apply for the Lithuanian Foundation Scholarship Program. For this study award, US citizens and US permanent residents are eligible to apply.
The Lithuanian Foundation believes that students who are active in their community are developing leadership skills that will benefit them and those around them in the future. They strive to ensure the continuity of the Lithuanian culture and traditions by contributing to the development of future leaders in the Lithuanian community.
Who May Eligible
Lithuanian Foundation supports only full-time students of Lithuanian heritage, pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees based on the following priorities:
- Students must be US citizens and US permanent residents (“green card” holders) pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Students from Lithuania pursuing Master’s, or Doctoral degree in Lithuania;
- Students from Lithuania, pursuing Master’s, or Doctoral degree in the US (with a student visa) or elsewhere abroad;
- By exception only, students from Lithuania seeking a Bachelor’s degree in Lithuania meeting donor-directed fund designations.
How to Apply
To apply, the foundation uses an electronic application process that requires that all supplementary documentation be attached to the application before the application can be submitted.
- Supplementary documentation might be in Lithuanian or English.
- Translations must be presented to documents in other languages.
- Completion of the application form in Lithuanian is preferred, though not required.
You will need to attach:
- A photograph
- Documentation of citizenship ( passport, Permanent Resident Card, copies of your birth certificate or other)
- Non-citizen applicants wishing to study in the US or any other country must attach a copy of a valid student visa signed by the student.
- Official Enrollment Verification Certificate
- A latest official transcript showing current GPA.
- Two recommendations
- Copy of the financial aid award letter
- Copy of the FAFSA
Benefit: The Lithuanian Foundation grants scholarships will be awarded up to $5,000 for one academic year at a time.
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 academic years will be accepted on October 1, 2019.