The Lisbon Triennale Millennium BCP Universities Award Competition invites architecture students to engage in deep thought, in an exercise of collective research on constructive rationality. This competition for ideas is open to master degree students, from worldwide architecture schools.
The competition is part of the 5th edition of the Lisbon Architecture Triennale programme. The competition theme is Constructive Rationality, Cultural Approach, Architectural Representation.
The aim of the competition is to explore, through the proposals of student projects, how the rational nature of construction can embody a form of natural beauty.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This international competition is open to all master students of architecture schools.
- Students can participate individually or in a group.
- Each member of a group must be enrolled in a master of an architecture school.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://form.jotformeu.com/trienaldelisboa/T2019-Univ
- Students with personal or professional connections with jury members can’t participate.
- The ID number should be placed on the back of the A1 panel and on the back cover of the A3 binded book (as stated in 10.1 and 10.2).
- Projects received by registered post will be considered valid if are sent by 5 pm (Lisbon Time, GMT) of April 30th, 2019, as evidenced by the official stamp/document of the post service.
- The proposal should consist of one (1) A1 panel (portrait orientation), which will be exhibited in the “Natural Beauty” exhibition in case of selection. And one (1) A3 binded book (landscape orientation) allowing jury assessment (this A3 bound book will not be part of the exhibition).
- All proposals should be black and white wireframe drawings. Every texture used in the line drawings must reflect real wishes on the atmosphere and materiality of the project. The way the vegetation is drawn also expresses a different kind of plants used in the project.
- The totality of the proposal should be written in English.
- All documents submitted in the form should not exceed in total, 6MB. Only the submission of documents in PDF format is accepted.
- Each submitted proposal will generate a unique ID number, to be used throughout the competition, in order to make this competition anonymous.
- ID Data:
- Applicant’s Name
- Phone Number
- Add other team members’ full names if applicable
- Architecture School Data:
- University Name
- Architecture School Name
- Master’s Program Name
- Architecture Studio Professor
- Proof of enrolment in master’s degree
- This should be an official school document in PDF format, orientation portrait (max 2Mb).
- In the case of a group application, each member of the team must supply proof.
- First Prize: €1,500 (one thousand five hundred Euros)
- Honorable mentions: Up to a maximum of 2 (two), awarded €500 each (five hundred Euros).
The application deadline is November 30, 2018.
All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org