The Trinity College is pleased to invite for its contest “Linguistics Essay Prize”. This is an annual competition open for students aged 12 years (Lower 6th) and currently studying at A-Level or similar qualification.
The purpose of this contest is to raise awareness of the systematic study of language as an interesting and multifaceted subject in and of itself. It also recognizes the achievements of high-caliber students from whatever background they may come, as well as the achievements of those who teach them.
The first winner of this contest will be awarded by £600 and second runner-up will get £300.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The competition is open to all students with an interest in how language works regardless of the specific subjects they are currently studying at A-Level (or similar qualification).
- Students taking A-Levels in Modern Languages, English Language or Classics, but also to students taking Psychology or Mathematics.
How to Apply &and Competitions Rules:
All applicants can submit their application online form via the given link: https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/essay-prizes/linguistics/
- To win the competition, you need to do register and complete the information and answer a short question. “Many of us feel that we can communicate with some animals, for example, our pets. But do animals have language?”
- Candidates should submit an essay of between 2,000 and 2,500 words.
- The information you enter into this form, including your email address, will be submitted to our IT Department’s Helpdesk Software.
- Your email address will only be used for the purposes of contacting you in regards to your submission.
- Essays should be submitted using the form before the deadline.
The first winner of this contest will receive £600 and second winner will receive £300.
The applications must be submitted before 1st August 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process, send an email to email@example.com.