The Tacoma Public Library is delighted to announce that they are launching a Library Card Design Contest for the individuals who love art and are willing to participate and win some exciting prizes. The participants can very well enter and show their creativity and thoughtfulness through their art in the form of library cards. The submissions to the following contest can be done both in-person and digitally through the application form given on the portal. The candidates can also download the template given separately for the digital and printed submissions.
The judging panel will review all the artworks submitted by the eligible applicants and will decide the winner of the contest. The decision of the judges will be final and binding. There will be one winner from each category which is as follows: 1 Youth (10 and under), 1 Teen (11-17), and 1 Adult (18 and over). Also, make sure that your artwork must be original and must be first-handedly made by you. The deadline for the entry submission for the contest is October 7, 2021. also, once submitted, entrants will grant Tacoma Public Library all rights to the artwork and consent that all artwork may be displayed and reproduced without limitation and compensation
The Tacoma public library work to break down barriers of access. Their commitment to racial equity and social justice guides their work, allowing them to learn about and respond to Tacoma’s diverse communities’ needs and opportunities. They believe that learning is a human right. They work to provide free access to information and ideas from diverse points of view and encourage our community to explore new ideas, perspectives, and experiences. They foster a culture of teamwork.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Tacoma Public Library|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Contest Deadline||October 7, 2021|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following is the eligibility requirement for the following scholarship contest:
- Open to all Tacoma Public Library cardholders
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to fill out the application form given on the scholarship portal and follow the given instructions:
- Stop by any branch for a paper template or download a template, which opens a new window. Using a template is optional.
- Submissions may be in any art medium (pen, paint, crayons, illustrations, photography, etc.)
- Artwork must be original and free of copyright restrictions
- Both horizontal and vertical designs will be considered
- Image size resolution should be at least 890 x 445
- Upon submission, entrants grant Tacoma Public Library all rights to the artwork and consent that all artwork may be displayed and/or reproduced without limitation and compensation
- Limit one entry per person. Please do not include your name in the artwork
- TPL staff and immediate family members are ineligible to participate
Submit your applications through the following:
- In-person at any Tacoma Public Library branch
- Fill out the form below and attach a digital copy of your artwork. Files must be in .jpg, .png, or .pdf format.
The applications submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the selection committee and out of all, the three most deserving candidates will be selected as follows:
- 1 Youth (10 and under)
- 1 Teen (11-17)
- 1 Adult (18 and over)
Winners will see their card design created for the entire system.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is October 7, 2021. No applications will be considered after this date.