All US students should not miss the golden opportunity to participate in the Leonard M. Perryman Scholarship program which is offered by the United Methodist Church.
The scholarship assists a United Methodist undergraduate student who intends to pursue a career in religion journalism through study at an accredited U.S. college or university.
The United Methodist Church (UMC) is a major part of Methodism. UMC creates a new tradition of knowledge sharing, spiritual growth, prayer and worship opportunities that lead them to experience Christ’s saving grace in new ways.
Who May Eligible
Applicants are judged on the following criteria:
- Students must have Christian commitment and involvement in the life of the United Methodist Church
- Aspirants must have an academic achievement as revealed by transcripts, grade point averages and the required letters of reference
- All the participants must have Journalistic experience and/or evidence of journalistic talent
- All interested students must have clarity of purpose in plans and goals for the future
- Participants must have potential professional ability as a religion journalist
How to Apply
- All the participants must submit an essay of not more than 500 words about your commitment to the Christian faith and your interest in communications, and how you see the two intersecting in your life presently and in your future.
- Students need to submit three examples/copies of your journalistic work
- Applicants need to send all electronic submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The prize of $2,500 will be awarded to the best overall candidate.
Application Deadline: Applications are due by March 15, each calendar year.