Graduate School of Oregon State University is inviting the applicants to apply for this “Lenore Bayley Graduate Scholarship”. This award is provided through the Lenore Bayley Graduate Fellowship Fund. It will be awarded to a domestic or international graduate student enrolled in an advanced degree program at Oregon State University.
The main purpose of this program is to provide academic and professional strengths, as articulated in the nomination letter, including, but not limited to, discussion of the nominee’s past achievements, their specific academic interests at OSU, and their likelihood of contributing to the discipline. The scholarship will be awarded based on academic performance and promise for the future.
To ensure that Oregon State University recruits the best graduate candidates, the Graduate School plays a leadership and active role. It offers a convincing and high-quality graduate experience that trains them to develop fresh concepts and insights, to teach others to make meaningful impacts on society, and to direct creativity.
The student may refer to the given table to get more details concerning the scholarship program:
|Organization||Graduate School of Oregon State University|
|Educational Level||Graduate Students|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||March 7, 2022|
|Requirement||CV, Academic Transcript, Two letters of reference|
Who May Be Eligible
Applicants may be selected from the following criteria:
- Applicants must have applied for graduate admission and are considered regularly admissible, OR nominee must be a current master or doctoral student.
- The nominee must be enrolled for at least 9 graduate credits each term (fall, winter, spring) during the 2021-2022 AY to receive the award.
How to Apply
Applicants need to fill out a nomination form to join this scheme. Nominations can be made by the director or department chair/head of the nominee’s graduate program. Applicants do not qualify for this award directly.
A candidate declaration that speaks to the following areas:
- A discussion of their personal talents, knowledge, and past experiences and how they relate to the development of an inclusive and diverse institution.
- How this honour in their graduate studies would benefit them.
- Explanation as to how the grant would help the graduate studies of the candidate
- A duplicate of the résumé or curriculum vitae of the candidate
The volume of the Lenore Bayley Graduation Scholarship varies but does not usually surpass $4,000. The scholarship will be disbursed during the school year in three instalments. Awards would be pro-rated for less than an academic year. In addition to a graduate assistantship or internship, this award can be given.
The nomination period begins on September 27, 2021. All nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m., March 7, 2022. Awards will be determined in April 2022.