It is apparent that students who belong to the LGBTQ community don’t have access to equal opportunities and have been unrepresented in most areas, whether it’s education or a job. League Foundation is extremely aware of this fact, and this is why it has created five wonderful scholarship schemes for LGBTQ students. To get selected for these programs, aspirants must be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship and attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the United States or Canada.
League Foundation has always been dedicated to improving the condition of the LGBTQ community in society. This foundation believes that people who belong to this community should have the right to get equal opportunities like others, and their LGBTQ identity should be respected. To do its part, the League Foundation offers these schemes to LGBTQ students so that they can gain a proper education in their chosen field without facing any hurdle and become whatever they want to be.
League Foundation has always been dedicated to providing financial resources to the LGBTQ community. This foundation was founded in 1996, and so far, it has awarded 144 college scholarships totalling $317,500 to self-identified LGBTQ+ graduating US High School Students based on their achievements. It is a grass-roots organization that gets backing from its members. Over the years, it has grown its national scholarship fund reaching all 50 states with support from corporations, individuals, and other LGBTQ+ organizations.
For quick information, go through this table:
|Number of Awards||5|
|Application Deadline||April 15, 2021|
|Requirements||2 letters of recommendation, 2 personal essays and official copy of their high school transcript|
Who May Be Eligible
Applications will be accepted from those who fit the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an openly self-identified member of the LGBTQ+ community;
- Candidates should be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship;
- Aspirants must be a United States Citizen or be a legal immigrant;
- Participants must be attending an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the United States or Canada.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply through the online portal of League Foundation. All decisions will be made by the selection committee. Scholarship proceeds are sent directly to the school which applicants are attending. Funds are not given directly to the students.
- Applicants must have to provide an official copy of their high school transcript showing a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better using 4.0 scales or equivalent.
- Complete two personal essays as outlined on the application form.
- Provide at least two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
Winners will receive educational funds to pay for their college expenses. By winning these awards, applicants can earn higher education at affordable rates and turn their dreams into reality without any hurdles.
All applicants are required to send their applications on or before April 15, 2021. After this date, no application will be accepted.