The Cwea is glad to announce that they are accepting applications now for their annual Kirt Brooks Scholarship. The Kirt Brooks Memorial Water Environment Scholarship is a grant for understudies who are focused on the water climate industry and who are members of CWEA or supported by a CWEA member. Scholarships are given for the fall summer school year following the application deadline. Applications are expected on January 18 for the school year starting the accompanying September. Applicants are told in March of their status/measure of grant. The grants can be guaranteed after July 1 by sending CWEA a unique verification of enlistment document from their college, trade school, or university. Distributions will be made between September 15 and October 15.
Qualified applicants are those who must be a member from CWEA (limited to understudies) or be supported by any member from CWEA. The candidate must be someone employed or seeking a profession in the water climate industry. The candidate must be attending or anticipating joining a school, college, junior college, or specialized trade school and seeking a course of studies identified with the Water Environment Field. The scholarship funds to be awarded are strictly for educational purposes only. It can be used against the personal expenses of the candidates.
CWEA enables wastewater experts to secure California’s most basic asset: water. Their group of 10,000+ experts addresses all aspects of wastewater management and resource recuperation, from administrators to lab specialists to engineers. Founded in 1928, CWEA gladly welcomes and unites experts in this field from all over the state.
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||California Water Environment Association|
|Education Level||College and university students|
|Subjects||Water Environment Field|
|Number of Awards||N/A|
|Contest Deadline||January 18|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- A member of CWEA (discounted to students) or be sponsored by a member of CWEA.
- Employed or pursuing a career in the water environment industry.
- Attending or planning on attending a college, university, community college, or technical trade school and pursuing a course of study related to the Water Environment Field.
- Scholarship Committee members, CWEA staff, and their relatives are not eligible.
How to Apply?
The qualified applicants are expected to complete the application form accessed by clicking here. The below-mentioned statements and supporting documents must also be submitted along with your application. To access the form, you will have to log in with your account on the portal. If you don’t have an account yet, then create one and proceed with your application.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Official Transcripts. Scanned copies of official transcripts will be accepted. Online transcripts and any other form of grade reports will not be accepted. Transcripts must be from within the current school year. If you are enrolling in a new program, provide a copy of your most recent transcript.
- Statement of career and personal goals. 1,000 words or less.
- Financial Aid. Describe how receiving a Kirt Brooks Scholarship would financially assist you in achieving your personal, educational, and career goals.
- Two (2) letters of reference (non-family). Letters should be on the letterhead of the firm, school, or organization involved and reference specific duties or classes taken, as well as dates. These can come from co-workers, supervisors, professors, classmates, instructors, etc. Letters must be from within the last 6 months and relevant to the scholarship application. (Scanned letters will be accepted.)
- CWEA member sponsor. You or anyone you know is a member (family, co-worker, friend, professor, etc.). You or your sponsoring member must be a current member in order to be eligible. Student memberships are $20, and you can join at join.cwea.org.
The Kirt Brooks Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that can be used to offset your costs of tuition directly. The selected scholars will be awarded the educational funds to sufficiently deal with their tuition expenses and continue their studies without having to worry over finances. The scholarship funds are strictly for educational purposes only. It can be used against the personal expenses of the candidates.
Applicants are requested to submit their entries on or before January 18, the deadline. Meeting the deadline is very critical as submissions made after the deadline will not be accepted.