- December 4, 2018
- Posted by: Study Help
- Category: Student Competitions
KIHARA, INC. is a Japanese porcelain producing company based in Arita is pleased to announce KIHARA Design Contest. This competition is open for European artists, illustrators, and graphic designers. One winning design will be awarded 1,000 Euro and produced by KIHARA, as well as presented exclusively in the company’s Arita and Tokyo stores and marketed on the European market.
Who May Eligible:
European artists, illustrators, and graphic designers are eligible to apply.
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://e-kihara.co.jp/competition-english/
- 1 person/company, or 1 design
- The contest is all about designing an original artwork for our 15-cm-diameter porcelain plate;
- The designer must present an artwork defined according to the required formats and dimensions.
- The designer must be able to present him/herself for an evaluation interview on KIHARA’s exhibition stand at the MAISON&OBJET trade show (Paris-Nord Villepinte, January 18-22, 2019).
- Item to design: 15-cm-diameter round plate (Ø15 cm, H2.5 cm)
- A minimum 300 dpi resolution is needed on non-vector files.
- They welcome all proposals but are nevertheless primarily looking for inventive artworks and creators interested in KIHARA’s cultural heritage and collaborative approach.
- The width of the line or gap should be more than 1 pt.
- Your design must only use cobalt blue. You can, however, work with a light, medium or dark shade.
- The applicants will have an opportunity to win 1,000 €.
- As well as presented exclusively in the company’s Arita and Tokyo stores and marketed on the European market.
The application deadline is December 21, 2018.