Rugby Players have an opportunity to show their skills and attain funds for their college by the Kelvin Higgins College Scholarship. The program is being organized by the USRF for the players pursuing their education at the collegiate level.
The grants are meant to appreciate the brilliant players and also help them to achieve their higher education. The foundation distributes funds to scholars in order to make their educational path easier.
The United States Rugby Foundation has been part of American rugby at its grassroots. It supports coaches, referees, clubs and youth organizations and many others who make playing this wonderful game possible.
Who May Eligible?
The candidates must meet up with the below criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- All graduating high school rugby players in the U.S.
- Must be pursuing their rugby career while continuing their education at the collegiate level.
How to Apply
The eligible players can download a pdf application form and fill it then provide it through mail at United States Rugby Foundation College Scholarship Program 404 Euclid Avenue, Suite 302 San Diego, CA 92114
- One or more Letters of Recommendation
- List and explain community service, volunteer work and school extracurricular activity
- Rugby Resume
- Official transcript(s) in an official and sealed envelope
- Personal Statement
- Copy of 2019 taxes (Form 1040 – pages 1 & 2; Form 1040A – pages 1 & 2; Form 1040EZ – pages 1&2)
The USRF will be providing up to 10 Higgins Scholarships of amount $1000 to the incredible players within the U.S. The grants will support the recipients to accomplish their education.
The application process for the Higgins Scholarships begins on May 1 until August 31 in each calendar year.