Do you belong to Korean heritage? The Korean American Scholarship Foundation is in search of Korean heritage students who are studying in the U.S regardless of citizenship status. The Korean American Scholarship Foundation is glad to provide these students with KASF Scholarship and receive assistance in a foreign country. They have also announced an exceptional opportunity for the descendants of American veterans who served during the Korean War to receive the scholarship reward. The foundation provides the scholarship for the students involved in Undergraduate, graduate, and high school, which is the most critical duration in students lives where they need support to build their future. They are providing a remarkable amount of nearly $500 to $5,000, which will depend on the location of the applicant’s school at the time of application.
The Korean American Scholarship Foundation works with a mission to aid Korean American students in pursuing academic and personal achievement and encouraging community and civic service as an essential part of leadership development. They aim to nourish the sense of pride and confidence in Korean cultural heritage and tradition.
Since 1969 after its foundation by a small group of concerned Korean American community leaders in Washington, D.C., KASF worked as a regional organization with limited focus and funding resources. Later on, after the dramatic growth of Korean immigrant communities in the U.S., a constant need for financial aids for Korean American students, KASF became a national organization in 1989. KASF controls seven regional chapters in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, and Denver. Each chapter works independently to raise funds, manage educational/ cultural programs, and award scholarships.
Take a look at the following table for more information about the scholarships:
|Organization||Korean American Scholarship Foundation|
|Educational Level||Undergraduate, Graduate, and High school students|
|Amount||$500 to $5,000|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Deadline||June 30, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Kindly enroll through the mentioned documents to know the eligibility criteria:
- The fellow must be an Undergraduate, graduate, and high school student.
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student in the U.S.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- The fellow must be a Korean heritage student studying in the United States regardless of citizenship status.
- The descendants of American veterans who served during the Korean War are also eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The fellow must need financial assistance.
- The student must be enrolled in community service and extracurricular activities.
- The applicant must be having remarkable academic performance.
How to Apply
Before applying for the scholarship, the student needs to go thoroughly through the region where the applicant’s school is/will be located during the scholarship application year. The type and amount of available scholarships may differ from region to region. The submission should be made with the wholly filled application, accompanied by the required documents. The fellow must submit the complete application before the deadline as the late or incomplete application will not be considered for the scholarship. Submission must be made through an online process as guided by the website.
Kindly ensure to submit before the due date, as the late submission will not be considered for the scholarship.
Students are requested to provide enlisted documents along with the application:
- The fellow should give a recommendation letter
- The student should submit an essay
- The student should demonstrate the need for financial assistance
- The student should enlist the Socialistic Achievement
- The candidate should provide the latest transcript with the GPA score
- The applicant must enlist extracurricular activities he/ she has been involved in
The provided scholarship should only be utilized in use to pay the educational expenses of the students. This scholarship will lessen the burden of costs on the students. The scholarship should only be used to pay the tuition fees, fees, book expenses, and other related expenses. The application procedure for this scholarship is effortless.
The submissions are currently being accepted till June 30, 2021; submit your application soon as possible to get considered for the scholarship.