Students who are interested in the agriculture industry have a great chance to flaunt their knowledge and their career outstanding Kansas Corn Next Generation Scholarship by KCGA. This scholarship is open to all college sophomores through a Ph.D. level who hold a current KCGA student membership or have a parent/ guardian with a full three-year membership with KCGA. Students enrolled in technical institutions are welcomed to apply.
The Next Generation Scholarship is part of an effort by Kansas corn farmers to support students in post-secondary education who are making an impact in the corn and agriculture industry. The scholarship program encourages students to take an interest in the agriculture field and expand it. It motivates students to advance the field of agriculture with their education and talent. The students get the opportunity to show their skills and eligibility through this program.
KCGA is the association that represents its members in regulatory and legislative efforts. KCC is the checkoff commission that determines how the one-cent-per-bushel Kansas corn checkoff is invested in the areas of market development, research, promotion, and education. Their goal is to build markets for corn and opportunities for corn growers. Kansas Corn’s staff is located across the state, developing markets, leading innovative education programs, serving and representing growers, managing cooperator projects, and communicating the good news about the Kansas corn industry.
Get a glance at the details about the scholarship in the table mentioned below:
|Educational Level||Ph.D. level students|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Nationality||Domestic and International|
|Application Deadline||October 31, 2020|
Who May Be Eligible?
Fellows need to follow the eligibility requirements given below to apply for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a sophomore through Ph.D. level student.
- The fellow should hold a student membership, or have a parent/guardian with a current KCGA 3-year membership.
- Candidates should attend the Kansas Corn Symposium on January 21, 2021.
- Students enrolled in technical institutions are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through an online application form. All the required details and the materials should be provided with the same form. The association will not consider late or incomplete applications. Candidates should make sure all the data they are providing is legit and belongs to them. Fellows should submit all the required materials with concern. Invalid data in the applications will be rejected.
- Applicants must submit a one-page resume highlighting academic, work, and extracurricular activities and experiences
- Two reference forms from non-family members, one must be an academic contact from the school currently attending should be submitted.
- The official copy of the post-secondary transcript of grades through spring 2020 and proof of enrollment fall 2020, class schedule can be provided.
Kansas Corn will award multiple $1000 scholarships to the selected students. It encourages the students to do better in their academics and focus on their careers. Last year Kansas Corn awarded 15 scholarships to the students. The amount should continue he utilized to pay the educational expenses of the students like Tuition, fees, or other verified educational needs of the students.
The last date to apply for the program is October 31, 2020.