Students planning to enroll in the K12 Private Academy have an excellent opportunity to reduce their financial burden. K12 is inviting applicants to apply for its authentic K12 scholarship opportunity. Children who are in kindergarten through 12th grade and identify as black or African American are eligible to apply. The fellow should have a minimum of 2.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need.
At K12, the power “Education for Any ONE” for them, that is more than a tagline it is an underlying philosophy. They stand with the Black community, and they will work to help create real change toward racial equity. This year, they are implementing new scholarships for students in grades K–12 who identify as Black or African American. Each scholarship will cover tuition-free, full-time enrollment for qualified students of color to attend K12 Private Academy this school year. This program aims to make education accessible to everyone.
From Harvard to Duke, Notre Dame to NYU, their graduates are pursuing their dreams. That’s because the school prepares students to be more independent, to learn how to learn, to take responsibility for their studies, and to take charge of their destiny. A key is an individualized approach, which frees children to reach their personal potential. Their students are liberated from rigid schedules, classes that move too fast or too slow, bullying, overcrowded classrooms, teaching to the test, and many other factors that typically stand in the way of success.
Table of Contents
Refer the table below for some details about the scholarship:
|Educational Level||Kindergarten students|
|Number of Awards||Undefined|
|Application Deadline||October 15, 2020|
|Requirement||Application, Letter of reference|
Who May Be Eligible?
Check the below-given eligibility requirements before beginning with the application process:
- Candidates should be in kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Fellows should be Identify as Black or African American.
- Applicants should Have at least a 2.0 GPA (letter grade C on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Candidates should Demonstrate financial need.
How to Apply
Applicants who are eligible with the requirements above should apply for the program through an online application form. All the information should be adequately submitted in the application. No late or incomplete applications will be entertained. Applicants should ensure that the data they provide is legit. All the applications should be submitted before the deadline to scholarshipcommittee@K12.com. Apart from these candidates should apply for enrolment into K12 Private Academy.
- A fully completed application form should be submitted.
- A personal statement that briefly explains the student’s educational and/or life goals, for example, what they want to be when they grow up. The personal statement will factor significantly in the scholarship selection process and may be submitted in any one of the following formats:
- A written personal statement not to exceed 300 words;
- A thoughtful illustration prepared solely by the student (attach photograph).
- A poem was written by the student about their achievements or future goals.
- A letter of reference written by someone other than an immediate family member (e.g. a teacher or community member) that describes the student’s achievement and or future goals.
Students who are awarded a K12 scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- The services and support are available to full-time students, including academic coaching, engagement monitoring, college counseling, and instructional support from certified teachers.
- An assigned mentor who will meet regularly with the student and provide additional support, encouragement, and connections with other resources as necessary.
- A laptop computer to use for the duration of the student’s enrollment, a monthly internet reimbursement if needed, and the online and hands-on learning materials available to full-time students.
Please submit your applications before October 15, 2020, to be considered for the scholarship.