Joseph Frasca Excellence in Aviation Scholarship is a phenomenal opportunity to grab by the aviation students to support their education. The awards are created by the University Aviation Association for students enrolled in a UAA member institute.
The program designed is to encourage scholars to reach the highest level of achievement in their aviation studies. It will be bestowed upon those who demonstrate a commitment and devotion to aviation in the tradition of Joseph Frasca.
The University Aviation Association is the voice of collegiate aviation. It is a nonprofit organization playing a pivotal role in the advancement of degree-granting aviation programs that represent all segments of the aviation industry.
Who May Eligible?
The below-declared guidelines should be followed by every candidate:
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 overall grade point average.
- Federal Aviation Administration certification/qualifications in either aviation maintenance or flight.
- Must have membership in at least one Aviation organization such as Alpha Eta Rho, NIFA Flying Team, Experimental Aircraft Association, Warbirds of America, etc.
- Must be involved in Aviation activities, projects, events, etc., which will demonstrate an interest and an enthusiasm for aviation.
- Must be a junior or senior currently enrolled in a University Aviation Association (UAA) member institution.
How to Apply
Interested students can either send their application together in one packet by mail to University Aviation Association 2787 North 2nd Street Memphis, TN 38127 or via email as a PDF attachment to hello-at-uaa.aero.
- One letter of reference (use the attached form or official letterhead).
- A brief essay.
- Academic transcript from the UAA member institution you are now attending (either copies or originals are acceptable).
- FAA certificates (either A & P or Flight-related)—copies only (originals are not required in this case).
- Additional documentation as required supporting financial need, and other items.
- Evidence of excellence in activities, studies, events, organizations, etc., related to aviation.
Two $2,000 scholarships will be announced by the University Aviation Association banquet in St. Petersburg, FL on September 30 – October 2, 2020.
The application deadline is June 30, 2020