Johnson & Johnson is pleased to announce WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
The award is open to non-tenured females who are an Associate or Assistant Professor / Lecturer or Senior Lecturer or global equivalent faculty positions at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing, and Design (STEM2D).
- You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
- The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants need to do register through the given link:
- Only one (1) Application may be submitted per Applicant.
- No Confidential Information belonging to third parties, including Universities should be included in the Application without their prior consent.
- If your current teaching position is equivalent to an Associate or Assistant Professor / Lecturer or Senior Lecturer you are eligible to apply for a Scholars Program Award, even if you are on a track that does not allow for future tenure at your current university/institution.
- Applications are limited; each university and/or academic institute can support and recommend one applicant per each STEM2D discipline.
- Therefore, each university and/or academic Institute can support a total of 6 applicant submissions (one for Science, one for Technology, one for Engineering, etc.)
- In addition to general contact details and demographics, the scholar applicant is responsible for the provision of documents into the application system, including non-confidential letters of recommendation.
- Submit a department head letter of recommendation (One applicant per university per letter of STEM2D).
- Write 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research.
- Create and submit a one- to a three-minute digital video describing, as simply as possible, the impact of the research on your area of STEM2D and your own personal impact as a potential future leader in STEM2
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of your budget for proposed research.
- The Scholars Award is a three-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds.
- The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of U.S. $50,000 per year of the three-year scholarship period, payable in 2019, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
The application process will open on September 4th and close at 11:59 PM (UTC) on September 25, 2018.