Johns Hopkins University, Whiting School of Engineering invite applications for 2018 Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition. The competition is open to all student-led teams from around the world that have designed health-related solutions.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All student-led teams from around the world that have designed health-related solutions are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Student teams will compete in three competition tracks: Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems; Global Health/Humanitarian Design; and Healthcare Apps/Information Technology Design
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-3kE1dNqmm7c_enbJzBS3UDly8u-ZDF9Fj7AYKHI7fD1eLg/viewform
- Project must be
focused on a healthcare application
- Innovations for both high-resource settings and global health applications are eligible
- Device, hardware, and digital solutions are eligible
- Project must have been started after January 1st, 2015
- Project must be
driven by full-time students
- Ph.D./Postdoc research projects and projects that have utilized significant research funding (>$100k) are ineligible
- Projects that are not run by full-time students are ineligible. For example, projects run by startup companies or faculty are ineligible.
- Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.).
- The Design Brief is a two-page executive summary of your design project.
- The brief should be written for an audience of medtech engineers and designers that are likely not intimately familiar with your clinical and solution space.
- Format: The
Design Brief must be <=2 pages in length including figures and must follow
NIH formatting guidelines:
- Use an Arial, Helvetica, Palatino Linotype, or Georgia typeface, a black font color, and a font size of 11 points or larger. (A Symbol font may be used to insert Greek letters or special characters; the font size requirement still applies.)
- Type density, including characters and spaces, must be no more than 15 characters per inch. Type may be no more than six lines per inch. Use standard paper size (8 ½” x 11) . Use at least one-half inch margins (top, bottom, left, and right) for all pages. No information should appear in the margins.
- Figures, plots, reference, and/or photos are highly recommended but are counted towards the page limit.
- Any design briefs longer than 2 pages will be disqualified from the competition.
The program will provide multiple cash award to the winning candidates.
The application deadline is February 19, 2018.