The John Smith Trust is now accepting applications for The John Smith Trust Wider Europe Fellowship 2019. The fellowship is open to the citizen of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine who aged 25-35 years.
The fellowship is a unique career enhancing and potentially life-changing opportunity to develop your leadership skills and gain professional experience through access to high-level UK experts and senior leaders.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine.
- Be aged 25-35.
- John Smith Fellows can come from any field, particularly politics, public administration, the media, civil society, law, and from business – if a clear link is made to JST themes.
- Speak and write fluent English (preferably having already studied or worked in English).
- Demonstrate your potential as a leader in your chosen professional field, committed to the positive future development of your country.
- Demonstrate a clear professional interest in the areas of good governance, the rule of law and/or social justice and a general interest in all three.
- Propose an Action Plan addressing a policy or organizational issue of importance in your field of work which you intend to implement on return to your home country, and which will be informed by your experience in the UK.
- Be prepared to make a substantial commitment if selected as a Fellow: to be available for a four-week full-time residential program in the UK and to participate actively in the JST Alumni Network in the long-term.
How to Apply for the Fellowship:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://www.johnsmithmemorialtrust.org/apply/application-form.aspx
- JST covers the costs of return economy flights from a Fellow’s home country to the UK, a visa if required, accommodation in the UK, travel within the UK in accordance with the final program, and daily subsistence for the duration of the UK program.
- All costs related to the workshops, visits, meeting, sessions in the UK are covered by the Trust.
The online application form will open on Wednesday, October 10, 2018, and close at midnight (UK time) on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
If you have any other questions email email@example.com and they will reply to you as soon as possible.