Kansas State University is offering five scholarships that include three Multicultural Student Scholarships and two Social Justice Scholarships. This scholarship is provided to students who face racial abuses in the classroom. The student must be of an ethnic group that has been historically and traditionally oppressed in the achievement of academic and leadership endeavors. The applicants of African American, American Indian, Asian American, and Latino American heritage will be considered.
These programs aim to provide all the needed support to the deserving students to level up their careers and perform excellently in their fields of study. These scholarships will also provide them self-confidence and hopeful situations for their studies. To offer them help in their studies, education expenses, and academic achievements Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs have decided to award the deserving one.
Kansas State University that has Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs provides leadership in building an inclusive campus climate. This offers mutual understanding among diverse groups. The purpose of providing scholarships to students is to address problem situations for students, faculty, and staff of color. Provide conflict resolution when needed. This will result in scholarship opportunities, and facilitate the recruitment, retention, and graduation rates of students of color.
Go through the below table to check the details for the scholarship programs:
|Organization||Kansas State University|
|Number of Awards||Five|
|Application Deadline||October 26, 2020|
Who May be Eligible?
The eligibility requirements for both the scholarship programs are the same and are mentioned below:
- The applicant must be of an ethnic group that has been historically and traditionally oppressed in the achievement of academic and leadership endeavors to include applicants of African American, American Indian, Asian American, and Latino/American heritage.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled at Kansas State University as a full-time undergraduate student and must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate at Kansas State University while receiving the award.
- Applicants must complete an application.
- The applicant must be of an ethnic group that has been historically and traditionally oppressed in the achievement of academic and leadership endeavors.
- The applicant of any background with a strong record of social justice activism.
How to Apply
Only the eligible candidates should apply for the program through the specific form of the scholarship they are eligible for. Candidates should submit all the required details and the documents with caution. Late or incomplete documents will not be considered for any scholarship. All the other materials required for the scholarship should be provided with concern. The Application must be delivered to 224 Anderson Hall or emailed to Caitlyn Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The students are requested to download the forms and fill the Application forms –
The required details are important to be submitted for both the mentioned scholarships –
- Applicants must write a two-page essay reflecting on 1) how the applicant has already contributed to social justice; 2) how the applicant plans to use their education to contribute to social justice issues, and 3) why social justice in a multicultural society is still relevant today.
- Students must provide two letters of reference. Reference letters should validate the applicant’s academic and leadership achievements and should verify that the applicant is successfully progressing toward graduation.
- A copy of the applicant’s academic transcript must be included with the application.
- Submit the Release of Information Form signed and dated by the applicant.
Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs will give out five scholarships total, 3 Multicultural Student Scholarships, and 2 Social Justice Scholarships. Scholarship recipients will each receive $700. The scholarships are meant for deserving students to provide them financial aid and an unbiased environment for their studies.
All the applications should be sent by Monday, October 26th at 5:00 p.m.