IAAP Education Foundation Scholarship program reinforces Illinois aggregates industry by advancing the training of commendable understudies. The Joanne Kluessendorf Memorial grant advances the education of individuals looking for a profession in teaching Earth Science or Geology. For 2022, the IAAP Scholarship Committee will grant up to five (5) grants of at minimum $2,000 each. These grants are a one-year award, and understudies may re-apply in the resulting years. The motivation behind the Joanne Kluessendorf Memorial Scholarship is to give instructive help to a commendable understudy enlisted at an establishment of higher learning (in the future alluded to as college) who is looking for a profession in teaching Earth Science or Geology.
Regarding qualification Requirements, the candidate should enter their Junior or Senior year of school and seek an undergraduate degree on a full-time premise. Understudies finishing their high school instruction are additionally qualified to apply. The candidate should major or plan to major in an educational program that will be viable with a profession in instruction. Potential study spaces might incorporate Earth Science, Geology, Environmental Science, or Natural History Museum Programs. The candidate ought to have a grade point average of somewhere around a three on a four scale (or four on a five scale).
The Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers has turned into the exchange affiliation addressing proprietors and administrators of stone and modern mineral quarries, sand and rock pits, and reused development material offices that produce development totals, concrete other mineral items. They additionally address organizations that give labor and products to the mining business. Generally, the IAAP addresses each area of Illinois’ non-coal mining industry.
Following are the brief details concerning the subsequent grant:
|Organization||Illinois Association of Aggregate Producers|
|Subjects||Education, Earth Science, Geology, Environmental Science, or Natural History Museum Programs|
|Number of Awards||5|
|Contest Deadline||January 4, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following is the qualification criteria for the concerning grant program:
- Applicant must be entering their Junior or Senior year of College and be pursuing undergraduate work only on a full-time basis. Students completing their final requirements, including a final semester of student teaching, are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be majoring or intends to major in a curriculum compatible with a career in education. Possible areas of study may include Earth Science, Geology, Environmental Science, or Natural History Museum Programs.
- Applicant should have a grade point average of at least a three on a four scale (or four on a five scale). An application from a student with a lesser grade point average may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Selection criteria are based in part on the applicant’s financial need, character, attitude, and achievements.
How to Apply?
The qualified candidates who are intrigued to apply must fill out the application form and attach all the below-mentioned documents. The link to the application form is provided on the official portal of the grant. What’s more, the applicants will likewise need to compose an essay between 300 and 500 words in length:
- Outline your interest in, and connection to Illinois aggregates industry;
- how your chosen field will apply to work in the Illinois aggregates industry;
- your goals;
- where you plan to attend College;
- why you chose to apply for this scholarship; and
- explain your financial need for the scholarship.
Submit completed applications using one of the methods below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.iaap-aggregates.org/education-foundation-scholarship.html
- Postal mail: IAAP Education Foundation, 1115 South Second Street, Springfield, IL 62704
Below is the list of the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- College transcript if you are now in College. (A photocopy is acceptable.)
- If you have been in College for one year or less, or are still in high school, submit your high school transcript, including ACT or SAT scores.
- Your FAFSA Student Aid Report or other proof of financial need.
- One or two letters of recommendation.
The motivation behind the Joanne Kluessendorf Memorial Scholarship is to give instructive help to a commendable understudy enlisted at an establishment of higher learning (in the future alluded to as College) who is looking for a profession in teaching Earth Science or Geology. For 2022, the IAAP Scholarship Committee will grant up to five (5) grants of at minimum $2,000 each. These grants are a one-year award, and Understudies may re-apply in the resulting years
The completed application attached with all the mentioned documents must be sent to the organization on or before the deadline of January 4, 2022, to be considered for the award.