The Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies (RSCAS) at the European University Institute (EUI) is happy to announce Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships. The fellowships are open to the scholars who have obtained their doctorate more than 5 years prior to the start of the fellowship, i.e. 1 September 2019 for the academic year 2019-20.
The Fellowship program is open to post-docs, tenure-track academics and those wishing to spend their sabbatical at the Robert Schuman Centre. They invite you to become part of a lively and creative academic community. The Centre offers up to 20 Fellowships a year.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- The fellowships are open to candidates who have obtained their doctorate more than 5 years prior to the start of the fellowship on 1 September (to apply for 2019-20, the Ph.D. should have been awarded before 1 September 2014).
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible for the Jean Monnet Fellowships.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://apply.eui.eu/osiris_aanmeld_euiprd/Welkom.do
- Prepare your CV with a list of publications in PDF.
- Prepare a letter of motivation (1-2 pages) in PDF.
- Prepare a research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF.
- Use standard international fonts; do not use macros, special characters, password-protection, electronic signatures or logos.
- Letters of References: Applicants should provide the names of two academic referees and ensure that the letters of reference are submitted online directly by the referees by the deadline 25 October.
- Note for Referees:
- References should be submitted as PDF files. Please use standard international fonts, do not use macros, special characters, password-protection, electronic signatures or logos.
- Do not send a hard copy.
- You may write in a language other than English, but English will guarantee the widest possible reading.
- References from current full-time or part-time EUI professors will not be accepted.
- The basic grant is € 2,500 per month.
- The amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents).
- A household allowance of up to € 300 per month is paid to Fellows with a partner if the partner lives with them in Florence and on condition that the partner’s income is less than € 2,000 per month.
- The sum of income and allowance cannot exceed € 2,000 per month (i.e. if the income is more than € 1,700, the allowance will be paid only to top up to € 2,000).
- There is a dependant’s allowance of € 200 per month for each dependent child.
The annual deadline for applications is October 25, 2018.