Mesothelioma Help is proud to announce a Jan Egerton and Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship. Students from any colleges and universities throughout the United States are eligible to apply this free education.
Aim of the Mesothelioma Help is to help students in academic endeavors while raising awareness about mesothelioma, providing information about the diagnosis of its disease and the dangers of exposure to asbestos.
Who May Eligible
- High school and undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Students must have been accepted or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
How to Apply
To be considered for this free study, interested students can apply here.
Provide the following questions in your essay:
- Share your personal story dealing with asbestos disease or cancer. Talk about how it affected your life and how/whether it impacted your education/career choice.
- What do you hope to do with the education you are receiving to help cancer patients?
- Why is raising awareness and educating the public about the dangers of asbestos and the impact of mesothelioma on a family important?
- What would you say to someone who is fighting mesothelioma or to a family member who recently lost a loved one to the disease?
The scholarships will provide a total cash prize of $ 5,000 for top 4 finalists/winners as one first-place award of $2,500, second place award of $1,250, third place prize is $750 and fourth place is $500.
Application Deadline: Jan Egerton and Don Smitley Mesothelioma Scholarship Essay submissions close on July 20th, 2019.