Jamie Bax Memorial Scholarship was made as an honor to the memory of the girl, Jamie, who lost her life while battling Cystic Fibrosis in February of 2019 at 31 years old. Her folks, Chuck and Lynn Watson set up this grant to support different understudies suffering from Cystic Fibrosis, who need monetary help to additional their schooling after secondary school, and who need to proceed with their fantasy about making something extraordinary out of their life. One $5000 grant and two $2500 grants will be granted each year. The number and measure of the grants will be subject to yearly financing. The grants granted are to be utilized to help with covering the educational cost, charges, books, supplies, as well as the additional costs of going to an instructive establishment while having Cystic Fibrosis.
Any individual who applies should meet the accompanying rules: they should have Cystic Fibrosis and be a U.S. resident. The applicant also should be a resident of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, or Alabama. Lastly, the applicant should be selected or acknowledged to a certified junior school, school, college, or exchange school and must have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.70 on a 4.00 scale.
The Jamie Bax Memorial Scholarship Fund has been started in honor of a girl named Jamie who lost her life while battling a severe disease called Cystic Fibrosis. Her parents. She died quite young at the age of 31 years old in 2019. Her parents started this fund in her memory and the overall mission to help other students like her.
Table of Contents
Below we have a brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||Jamie Bax Memorial Scholarship Fund|
|Education Level||College and university students|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Contest Deadline||January 1|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
The eligibility criteria for the following scholarship is as follows:
- Must have Cystic Fibrosis. (You must submit a doctor’s note on the doctor’s letterhead stationery indicating confirmation of your CF diagnosis and have the doctor sign it.)
- Must be a U.S. citizen. (Examples of acceptable documentation include: an official birth certificate issued by a U.S. state, a U.S. government-issued certified birth certificate, a valid, unexpired U.S. passport, or a U.S. certificate of birth abroad.)
- Must be a resident of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, or Alabama. (The central United States.)
- Must be enrolled or accepted to an accredited junior college, college, university, or trade school. (Must submit proof of admission, acceptance, or enrollment.)
- You are not currently on academic warning or probation – you must be in good academic standing.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.70 on a 4.00 scale.
How to Apply?
All eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship by completing the scholarship application and by writing an essay telling them about yourself, your future goals and aspirations, and your educational goals.
- How has your medical condition and treatment affected your life? How you have accomplished something despite your Cystic Fibrosis. Something where CF should have or could have been the obstacle to your success.
- How continuing your education will benefit your future?
Please submit your completed application, along with all required submission materials, to the Selection Committee at: Info@JmeBax.org. A confirmation email will be sent after receipt of your application.
Following are the documents that need to be attached with your application form:
- Incoming first-year college students must supply an official high school transcript and a copy of the acceptance letter or enrollment confirmation from your college, university, or trade school.
- Current college or university students must supply an official college, university, or trade school transcript and confirm enrollment from your college, university, or trade school.
- Must submit a recent photo (.JPG) of the applicant for identification purposes.
- Three letters of recommendation
The Jamie Bax Memorial Scholarship will be granting one $5000 scholarship and two $2500 scholarships every year. The number and amount of the scholarships will be varied depending on annual funding. The scholarship awards to be granted can be used to assist in covering tuition, fees, books, supplies, and the extra expenses of going to an educational institution while having Cystic Fibrosis.
The last date to have your application submitted to the scholarship committee is January 1. You must follow the said date to be considered for the scholarship.