Get a chance to attend the 2021 CMAA World Conference for the year 2020 by applying to the James B. Singerling Scholarship. The program is open for the Professional or Alumnus member of CMAA who has not previously attended a Conference as a club professional.
The purpose of this grant is to make it possible for recipients to attend the CMAA World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo. The beneficiary will be provided funds to cover up various expenses relevant to attending the program.
The Club Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization that was established by CMAA in 1988. It raises funds to financially support the professional development of club managers through education, research, and philanthropic giving initiatives and seeks to fund the life cycle of a club manager’s career.
Who May Eligible?
Candidates are required to match up with the criteria needed to apply for the scholarship:
- Applicants must be a current Professional or Alumnus member of CMAA
- Must not have previously attended a CMAA World Conference as a club professional (attendance as a student member is accepted).
- Must be interested in attending the CMAA World Conference for their first time as a club professional.
How to Apply
Applicants who find themselves eligible according to the above criteria can apply for the scholarship by downloading a pdf application form. The complete packet with the asked documents is to be mailed to the Foundation office at The Club Foundation 1733 King Street Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Must submit an essay making the case for why you should be awarded a James B. Singerling Scholarship
- Must mention a letter of recommendation from your club’s General Manager (if the candidate is the General Manager, this letter should come from the Board President)
- A copy of your CMAA credit history
- Enclose a copy of your current resume.
- All applications, essays, and other asked attachments must be typed. Any application that does not meet all the requirements listed above will not be considered.
- Please submit on single-sided paper only with no staples to make scanning easy.
The James B. Singerling scholarship will be covering a full registration to the 2020 or 2021 CMAA World Conference, as well as up to $1,000 in reimbursed travel and lodging expenses.
The application deadline to submit your supplemental documentation is Sept 1, 2020.