Kennedy Krieger Institute is pleased to announce James A. Ferguson Emerging Infectious Diseases (RISE) Fellowship Program. the fellowship is open to the student enrolled as a full-time in a medical, dental, pharmacy, veterinary, or graduate programs in public health, allied health, or social sciences program during the entire 10-week program.
A $4,500 stipend is provided for Kennedy Krieger Institute master level graduate fellows and CDC fellows and a $5,933stipend is provided for pre-doctoral fellows
Who May Eligible:
- Fellows who are members of underrepresented populations (as defined by the federal government) are strongly encouraged to apply
- In order to beconsidered for acceptance into this program, the applicant must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a medical, dental, pharmacy, veterinary, or graduate programs in public health, allied health, or social sciences program during the entire 10-week program.
- Have at least a3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have the ability to commit to the length of the fellowship
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: https://apricot.socialsolutions.com/document/edit/id/new/form_id/409
- You must complete the entire application in one session (2 hours maximum time allowed).
- The form will not save and allow you to return to complete.
- Once the entire application is completed you can print it.
- Be prepared to print your application or change your print options and print to a PDF for your records.
- Uploaded files should be in the following format and cannot exceed 25 MB (PDF format):
- Resume (PDFformat): save the file as last name first name resume
- UnofficialUndergraduate Transcript (PDF format): save the file as the last name first name_ugtranscript
- UnofficialGraduate Transcript (PDF format): save the file as the last name first name_gradtranscript
- Unofficial undergraduate transcript and graduate transcript includes your name and the school name.
- Have the following items completed and saved in a word document so you can cut and paste into the online application:
- The five (5)Short Answer Responses (maximum 250 words each response
- The Essay Questions #1 and #2 (both required—maximum 500 words each essay)
- Name, email, and phone number of two faculty references (referees).
- Note: check and confirm you have entered the correct email for your referees.
- A reference request will automatically be sent to the email address entered on your application. Your referees may need to check their spam and/or junk mail folder.
- A $4,500 stipend is provided for Kennedy Krieger Institute master level graduate fellows and CDC fellows and
- A$5,933 stipend is provided for pre-doctoral fellows
- Housing and round-trip travel are also available for out-of-state fellows
- Sponsorship to attend a national scientific meeting
- Sponsored membership in the American Public Health Association (APHA).
Applications are due by Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 11:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.
For additional program information, contact at Ferguson_Fellowship@KennedyKrieger.org.