The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is announcing its creative “Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award” to exceptional young musicians who demonstrate financial need. The award is available for classical instrumentalists who have not yet entered college or have an interest in executing on From the Top.
The young artists who will win this program get an opportunity to perform on the Top’s national broadcasts. Winners will receive the grant to support offset the often prohibitively expensive costs of study classical music at a significant level.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is privately owned. It is dedicated to advancing the education of up-and-coming students who meet the financial need. The Foundation supports exceptional aspirants from elementary school to graduate school through scholarships, grants, direct service, and knowledge creation and dissemination.
Who May Be Eligible?
The eligibility criteria of the program are given below:
- All applicants must have a strong musical ability or a willingness to perform on the NPR show.
- Participants must submit the evidence of a family income insufficient to allow the costs of his/her musical pursuits
- All aspirants must possess substantial scholastic achievement indicated by good grades, academic awards, and reliable test scores.
- Candidates must demonstrate drive, initiative, maturity, leadership, and a commitment to giving back to one’s community.
How to Apply
To apply for the award program, candidates need to open the “Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award” Program on the main page of the application website. It is free to enter for the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award. There is no price to apply for the application.
- Applicants will be asked to submit at least two unedited, un-enhanced video and audio trials of their music.
- Required two recommendation letters– one from an academic teacher and one from a music teacher. Students will be asked to provide contact information for them, and they will receive recommendation forms via the online application.
Winner of the program will get the following:
- Up to $10,000 to apply toward instrument purchases, summer camp tuition, college audition travel expenses, private lessons, or other music-related needs
- Appearance on NPR’s From the Top
- Participation in From the Top’s Arts Leadership and Community Engagement training.
The deadline to submit the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award applications is September 3, 2021.