Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is always dedicated to helping the students in their educational finances. Current student at an accredited U.S. Community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2021, or recent graduate since spring 2016 are eligible to enjoy benefits of this Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship. Students planning to enroll fulltime in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2021 are welcome to apply for this scholarship.
This scholarship is designed to help reduce financial barriers for talented students applying to selective colleges and universities. The foundation understands that community college students demonstrate great achievements yet are often overlooked by selective colleges and universities and know that the community college can be a terrific, affordable pathway to some of our countries top universities.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is dedicated to advancing the education of exceptionally promising students who have financial need. Since 2000, the foundation has awarded over $222 million in scholarships to over 2,8000 students from 8th grade through graduate school, along with comprehensive educational advising and other support services.
Who May Be Eligible?
Students should go through the below given, criteria before applying for the following scholarships:
- Applicant should be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2021, or a recent graduate since spring 2016
- Plan to enroll full time in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2021
- Candidate should have a cumulative 3.50 or better on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Candidate should demonstrate unmet financial need with family income up to $95,000
- The student should not be previously enrolled or attain at a four-year institution
- Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to Apply
Eligible and interested students can apply for this grant through a Common App for Transfer. Students first need to log in; if a student does not have an account, they need to create it. All the supporting documents and the details require should be submitted with caution. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Two recommendations are required by academic professionals well acquainted with your work and character. This person should be an educational professional at your current or most recent institution
- Applicants must submit transcripts from all colleges attended since 2005.
- Proofs of financial requirements
Awards vary by individual based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships they may receive. The Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is intended to provide up to three years of funding for recipients. The scholarship will cover the undergraduate portion of dual degree programs. Each award will fund a part of educational costs, including tuition, room and board, books, and other required fees for the period to complete an undergraduate degree program, generally two or half years. The maximum award covered is $40,000 per year.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is October 1, 2021.