Applications are open for Ira Mitzner Memorial Scholarship introduced by the USIBA. The program is inviting high school seniors or undergraduate students attending a four-year college or university and also who are or will be a competitive boxer for USIBA.
The award aims to financially assist deserving boxers in their quality education and further career. The designed amount will be significant enough to pay for any purpose of studies like the book, fees, tuition, etc.
USIBA works as a non-profit organization dedicated to collegiate boxing. It functions as a competitive amateur boxing league where their member teams are club sports programs, and participants are full-time undergraduate or graduate students.
Who May Eligible?
The eligibility requirements should be qualified to enter the program:
- Applicants currently enrolled undergraduate student attending a four-year college or university, who is also a competitive boxer for a United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association member club.
- Applicants who are a high school senior accepted to a four-year college or university, who will be a competitive boxer in the United States Intercollegiate Boxing Association Championships and start a member club.
How to Apply
The interested and eligible applicants are asked to submit their complete applications to email@example.com.
- Letter of recommendation from your current coach
- Copy of their current transcripts
- Signed release form allowing us to contact your school
The recipient of the Ira Mitzner Memorial Scholarship will be handed over two instalments of $5,000 each. The award will be paid directly to the recipient’s college to cover educational expenses.
The students should complete and submit their application by 1st May 2020.