The IYMC Network is excited to announce the International Youth Math Challenge. IYMC is one of the biggest online math competition for students from all around the world. Teachers, parents, and schools are invited to share this opportunity with their students and to make talented students in particular benefit from IYMC.
The IYMC competition is a great way to sharpen the mind of your students, to give them motivation and to challenge them with creative math problems. It enables you to unleash your potential, creativity, and math skills!
Furthermore, teachers and schools may use the IYMC challenge for after-school classes or workshops. The problems will inspire students to get engaged in mathematics and will provide a unique opportunity for talented students to challenge their math skills.
Who May Eligible:
- Teachers, parents, and schools are invited to share this opportunity with their students and to make talented students in particular benefit from IYMC.
- All students (high school or university) that are at least 10 years old are allowed to participate.
- Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate! However, there are two age categories (under 18 years and over 18 years).
- In order to participate in IYMC, you have to be a high-school or university student.
- Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- To solve the problems you should be smart, open-minded, and creative. You should have a working internet connection to submit your solution online.
Teachers and Schools
- Teachers, parents, and schools are invited to share this opportunity with their students and youths to make talented students in particular benefit from IYMC.
- They provide materials, flyers, and posters for schools and teachers and we will support you with any issue. They also award three special awards for teachers and schools. More details: here.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online submission through the given link: https://iymc.info/#registrationBox
- The International Youth Math Challenge is proud to be one of the biggest independent global math competition that is not affiliated to an organization or institution.
- The submission should include the solution to at least three (if you are under 18 years old) to four (if you are over 18 years old) of the problems of the qualification round.
- The problems can be used as homework or project work as well: The competition includes various topics that range from geometry to number theory. (Problems)
- The IYMC competition is free to enter for all students around the world. However, all students that have qualified and want to register for the pre-final round have to cover the registration costs of 5 USD to make this global competition possible (this is optional)
Problems: To qualify for the pre-final round you have to solve at least three to four problems correctly.
Win awards and cash prizes worth over 500 USD, qualify for the final round, become official IYMC ambassador in your country, or join the international IYMC network for outstanding students – take this unique opportunity and participate today!
- The prizes and awards worth a total of 500 USD: All participants (regardless of the results) receive participation certificates to honor their efforts.
- The best students can achieve the 1st prize, 2nd prize, and 3rd prize as well as special awards for the best students from each region:
- Prize 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- Prize 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- Prize 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- All Finalists: Special Finalists Certificate
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate + Special Honour for digital Submission
- There are also special awards and awards for the best submissions from each region at here.
The submission deadline is September 30, 2018, at 23:59 UTC+0.
If you have any questions or issues, do not hesitate to send a message: submission(at)iymc.info