The Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) is pleased to announce the International Quality Awards 2018. These Awards celebrates excellence in the quality sector. These awards acknowledge the contribution of the quality profession in enhancing the reputation of organizations around the world.
The Awards are designed to recognize the work of quality professionals who contribute most to their organizations. Both members and non-members of the CQI, individuals, and organizations are eligible to enter more than one category.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- All awards have subtly different criteria or marking schemes to fit different career stages and organizational contexts.
- This means there is a category for everybody, both members, and non-members of the CQI, individuals, and organizations.
- You are welcome to enter more than one category. As well as completing an application for yourself, consider whether you could support an entry from someone you coach, your manager, or even the whole of your quality team.
The 2018 Award Categories:
- Emerging Talent (in association with NQA): To recognize the quality professional who has contributed most to their organization in terms of governance, assurance, improvement, leadership, and context within the first 8 years of their quality career.
- Quality Professional in a new Project: To recognize the quality professional who has contributed most to their organization in terms of governance, assurance, improvement, leadership, and context with a quality system established from scratch in a project environment. Entries are restricted to CQI and IRCA members of any grade.
- IRCA Certificated Auditor of the Year: To recognize the Audit Professional who has contributed most to their organization in terms of their participation in establishing and running an efficient and effective audit program. This Award is restricted to entrants who are IRCA Certificated Internal Auditor, Auditor, Lead Auditor and Principal Auditor.
- Quality Professional of the Year (in association with Shirley Parsons): To recognize the quality professional who has contributed most to their organization in terms of governance, assurance, improvement, leadership, and context. Entries are restricted to CQI Chartered Members or Chartered Fellows.
- Leadership Award (in association with Siemens): To recognize a senior manager who has contributed most to their organization in the establishment of a culture of quality.
- Quality Team of the Year (in association with Nuvia): Understanding that most results are team efforts, this award is to recognize a team of qualified professionals who have contributed most to their organization in terms of governance, assurance, improvement, leadership, and context.
- Quality Organization of the Year (in association with Catalyst Consulting): To recognize the organization which best exhibits a culture of quality, and puts it at the heart of everything they do. This award is open to any organization of any size or type.
- Innovation through Quality Method (in association with PMI): To recognize an organization this has achieved outstanding results through the application of qualitative methods in an innovative way.
- CQI Honorary Award: To an individual who has moved the profession and discipline of quality forward over a number of years not only in relation to their own organization but also a wider stage. This is an honorary award and therefore not opens to entries.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download and submit with an online application form through the given link: https://www.quality.org/CQI-international-quality-awards-2018-entry-form
You can apply for more than one award but must use a different application form for each category. Download and complete the application form in no more than 1500 words:
- Download Emerging Talent form (519.3 KB)
- Download Innovation through Quality Method form (541.35 KB)
- Download IRCA Certificated Auditor of the Year form (521.83 KB)
- Download Leadership form (524.78 KB)
- Download Quality Organization of the Year form (574.26 KB)
- Download Quality Professional in a new Project form (523.75 KB)
- Download Quality Professional of the Year form (530 KB)
- Download Quality Team of the Year form (525.63 KB)
- Winners will receive a trophy at the awards celebration
- If you are a finalist, you will get personal written feedback from the panel of judges
- If you win a category, you will be featured in Quality World magazine
Applicants must submit your application before 31 July 2018. Finalist will be interviewed on the following dates 16 – 25 October and the award ceremony will be held on 21 November.
If you would like further information or encounter any difficulties with the entry process, email InternationalQualityAwards@quality.org