Applications are open for the International Martial Arts Photo Contest sponsored by International Centre of Martial Arts for Youth Development and Engagement UNESCO. The competition is open to everyone interested in martial arts and photography regardless of her or his country of residence.
This photo contest seeks to fulfill the function and objective of the International Centre of Martial Arts for Youth Development and Engagement under the auspices of UNESCO by “collecting, preserving and disseminating records and materials on martial arts from all countries”.
Table of Contents
Who May Eligible:
Everyone interested in martial arts and photography regardless of her or his country of residence is eligible to participate.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an online application form through the given link: http://www.unescoicm.org/photocontest/eng/accept/entry.php
- Minors wishing to participate under the age of 18 must have prior permission from their legal guardians(s).
- The center won’t accept the participation of minors under the age of 7 from EU.
- You cannot submit photos that are posted on a website where one can purchase photos, such as a stock photo site.
- You may submit photos that are posted for non-commercial purposes, on your individual website, blogs, or social media.
- They accept entries taken with any kind of camera of any brand.
- The application only registered through Contest Website (Applications sent via email will not be accepted).
- Submission format and number of photographs:
- Minimum of 3 to a maximum of 5 pieces / in JPEG or JPG formats
- Series works are recognized as 1 piece and shall be submitted in a single image
- Edited photos: eligible / Photo Collage: Ineligible(Make sure that you have the original copy saved separately from the edited version)
- There is no limitation on the kind of camera you use. However, note that the submission of a CMYK file at least 10MB of size is obligatory when requested by the center
- You may also be required to submit a high-resolution jpg file (5MB ~ 10MB) after the application period for fair screening.
- Grand Prize (1 winner) Award certificate+Award money of 5,000,000 KRW.
- Gold Prize (1 winner) Award certificate+Award money of 3,000,000 KRW.
- Silver Prize (2 winners) Award certificate+Award money of 1,000,000 KRW per each.
- Bronze Prize (8 winners) Award certificate+Award money of 400,000 KRW per each.
- Fine work Prize (30 winners) Award certificate+Award money of 200,000 KRW per each.
The application will close on August 31, 2018.