The International Owl Centre accepting entries now for the 2022 International Kids’ Owl Art contest. Children up to the age of 18 are encouraged to apply and showcase their talent in the form of an incredible Owl art and win a chance to receive some fun and exciting awards. Now since it is an international art contest, therefore entries are accepted from any country in the world. This owl art contest started around 2004 as a coloring contest to involve local young people in the Festival of Owls. Over the years it has grown into a highly competitive international art competition with more than 4,444 entries from 37 countries in 2019.
There is no entry fee for participation. All entries once submitted become the property of the International Owl Center and cannot be returned due to the large volume of entries received. Entries submitted by you may be used for decoration, fundraising, promotional purposes, or printed materials for sale. This may include using them as decoration during the International Festival of Owls and throughout the year, selling them in the Owl Center gift shop, auctioning them in fundraisers, temporary display at other facilities (such as museums and galleries), making them into greeting cards to be used and sold, featuring them on shirts and other promotional materials for International Owl Awareness Day, and other uses.
By entering the contest, artists acknowledge that their entries will become the property of the International Owl Center. Also, all entries with a legible email address will receive an emailed certificate of participation.
The goal of the International Owl Center is to educate, inspire and empower people. We have lots of static and interactive displays where people can learn more about these fantastic feathered creatures and what you can do to help them. The Owl Center is the only all-owl education center in the United States and is home to the International Festival of Owls.
Following is the brief description of the following scholarship:
|Organization||International Owl Centre|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Nationality||Domestic and international|
|Contest Deadline||January 15, 2022|
|Application Fees||Not required|
Who is Eligible?
Following are the eligibility requirements for the following scholarship contest:
- Children must be age 18 or younger on the date their entry is mailed.
- There may be no help from adults with any part of the piece. Entries are accepted from any country in the world.
- Entrants will be separated into age categories as follows:
- 0-5 years
- 6-9 years
- 10-14 years
- 15-18 years
- There is no entry fee for participation.
The artworks will be judged based on the following:
- Innovative presentation
- Unusual perspective or viewpoint
- A message or idea that is being conveyed
- Skill with the medium appropriate to the age group (although sometimes the significance of the message is more important than the medium)
- Colors coordinated or contrasted for emotional impact
- Design elements that work together
How to Apply?
The interested individuals are required to submit their respective artworks following the below-given instructions:
- Entries must be an image of an owl.
- Artwork must be two-dimensional, on any size paper that can be mailed and hung on a wall with tape.
- Entries cannot contain any plant or animal materials as a medium (no grasses, seeds, fur, feathers, etc.) as it is illegal to ship these internationally.
- Digital artwork is allowed if printed, labeled, and mailed as required for other entries. No frames or mattes may be used on the artwork.
- The artwork must be properly labeled.
- Print out the following form and TAPE the small label to the bottom right corner of the front of the image (place tape on the sides–do not apply tape to the front of the art), and TAPE the larger form to the back of the image. Do not use glue or rubber cement.
- PLEASE WRITE NEATLY or type the information so it is easily legible. If they want to mail you a prize or card they will use the address you list on this form, so please make sure it is a complete mailing address. It is acceptable to use a school address.
- Entries mailed in must be the original art. We will not accept photocopies or e-mailed entries.
- Please allow adequate time for delivery, which often can take 3-4 weeks from some countries, and sometimes takes as much as 6-8 weeks.
- Limit 1 entry per person and 50 entries per school if mailed by the school in a package. If more than 50 students from one school want to enter, those that are not selected by the school to be part of their package may be mailed individually by the students.
- Siblings may mail their entries together.
- NOTE: Use enough postage, as “postage due” entries will not be accepted.
Entries should be mailed through the postal service to:
International Festival of Owls
PO Box 536
Houston, MN 55943
Entries mailed through DHL, UPS, and FedEx should be mailed to:
International Owl Center
126 E Cedar St
Houston, MN 55943
Note: Specify Houston, MN as there are multiple towns/cities named “Houston” in the USA.
The artworks submitted by you will be reviewed and judged by the judged panel based on the criteria given above and out of all, the three most deserving candidates will be selected as the winners of the following contest and be given places as 1st, 2nd, 3rd. The three winners in each age category will be mailed a framed, customized, and signed award certificate with a custom wax seal.
The deadline for the application submission for the following contest is January 15, 2022. No applications will be considered after this date.