Thomson Foundation is delighted to announce a “Journalism Now Scholar competition” for international applicants who aged 18 or over. You have to win a five-week place on their multimedia summer course in London with their new competition that is available for worldwide journalists. Enter in Journalism Now Scholar competition for the chance to win an all-expenses-paid place on the 2018 Thomson Foundation summer course.
For over half a century, the Thomson Foundation helped raise standards of journalism and communication around the globe through training, consultancy and strategic advice. Its mission is to support the achievement of the vision – through improving journalism and communication, and their production and business processes.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, for this competition the candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- Open to worldwide Journalists.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To take part in this Journalism Now Scholar competition, the participants must be registered through the given link:
- Enroll in your first Journalism Now online course (if you haven’t already enrolled on a course). You can browse through all of the live courses at http://www.thomsonfoundation.org/e-learning/live-courses/
- Once you’ve enrolled on a course of your choice, log in to the Journalism Now platform (details on how to log in will be given once you enroll), find the Journalism Now Scholar channel and register your intent to participate in the competition by posting a piece of work that you have completed.
- Next, you need to complete five courses successfully. All of our Journalism Now courses are self-paced. Some courses can be completed within three hours over multiple sessions, others up to six hours, on average. You have until 1st June to complete all five courses.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- With a mixture of master classes, workshops and practical training and a week’s placement at a leading UK media organization, this is our biggest-ever competition prize with a total value of £11,000.
- Participation in Thomson Foundation’s digital and multimedia summer course – a five-week long intensive training programme in London (from 6th August to 7th September 2018) with a week’s work experience in a UK media organization.
- One competition winner – along with the next cohort of international journalists all looking to sharpen their multiplatform skills – will be given the opportunity to come to London and spend five weeks working with top industry mentors.
The deadline for Journalism Now Scholar competition is June 1, 2018.
For any queries relating to your application for the Journalism Now Scholar competition, email: enquiries-at-thomsonfoundation.org