Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education is pleased to organize an International Competition for Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education Headquarter Building. The completion is open for both domestic and international architects (and firms).
The purpose of the competition is to create a comfortable and convenient working environment by securing appropriate office spaces and providing the Education Hub Space.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Any domestically or internationally licensed architect is eligible to participate.
- In the case of joint application, a total of three (3) individuals or firms can apply. One (1) member of the team must be selected as representative.
- The representative of the competition should be a licensed architect according to the Architect Laws of Korea and has registered the architectural firm under the same law.
- From the date of registration until the time of submission, a person who received administrative actions such as registration cancellation, vacation, closure, or suspension of business cannot apply for the competition as a representative of the competition.
- A juror, professional advisor, advisory committee, and operation committee member or a member of his/her company, organization or family cannot enter.
- A person (firm) cannot apply to the competition in plural teams.
How to Apply & Competitions Rules:
To participate, the applicants must submit an application online form at the given link: http://www.seoul-eduhub.com/en/reg/regForm
- The official languages of the competition are both English and Korean.
- Every official document will be published and distributed in English and Korean.
- In the case disputes should occur regarding the interpretation of the documents, the Korean version will prevail over the English version.
- All submitted documents shall be written in Korean. (If necessary, use English with Korean.)
- All measuring units should follow the metric system.
- Project Outline
- Location: 27, Duteopbawi-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Site Area: 13,214.2㎡
- Building Area: 39,967㎡
- Construction Cost (Estimated) : ￦100,689,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
- The total of the construction cost shall not exceed the construction budget when the total gross area changed.
- Design Fee (Estimated): ￦5,081,000,000 KRW (surtax incl.)
- Including Architecture, Civil, Landscape, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Data/Communications, Fire Protection, Interior design and etc.
- Design Period: 360 days from the beginning of project initiation (Schematic Design: 120 days, Construction Documentation: 240 days)
- The winning entries and prizes are as follows:
- First Prize (One entry): Awarding of Design Contract
- Second Prize (One entry) : 40,000,000 KRW
- Third Prize (One entry) : 30,000,000 KRW
- Fourth Prize (One entry) : 20,000,000 KRW
- Fifth Prize (One entry) : 10,000,000 KRW
- The prize money will be inclusive of all fees, including copyright fees and taxes, etc.; the tax laws of the Republic of Korea will be applied.
- In the case of joint application, the prize money will be awarded to the team representative.
- The design contract is signed with the selected winner(In the case of joint application, the contract is signed with the team representative), and the winner maintains the right to contract with the promoter.
- In the event that the selected winner waives their Right of First Offer or ends negotiations, the promoter may award the contract to the next place winner in line. In such case, the next place winner must return the prize money.
The deadline for submission of the entries is July 3, 2018, 10:00 ~ 17:00.