The Taiwan International Contemporary Artist Association is pleased to announce the 2019 International Artist Grand Prize Competition. The competition is open to all artists who are over 18 years old of the age at the time of application. This is one of Asia’s top art contests that promote individual artists to the international market.
Combining I.A.G.P.C. with Art Revolution Taipei (A.R.T.), the most important platform of art exchange in Taiwan. The organizer will display artworks created by the most distinguished artist all over the world in order to promote individual artists to the Asian market.
Who May Eligible:
To eligible, the candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- Open to all artists
- over 18 years old
How to Apply & Competition Rules:
To apply, the applicants must download the application form and submit with all requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission Materials:
- Completed Entry Form
- Maximum Entry:
- Each artist may submit up to two artworks for consideration.
- Artwork Ideas:
- A summarized statement instead of a list is required.
- The length of the statement shall not exceed 150 Chinese words or 450 English characters (including spaces and punctuation).
- Since the Artwork Ideas of the finalists will be published in the A.R.T. 2019 catalog, please calculate the numbers of words before submission and strictly comply with the format (DOC file), word limits and other relevant requirements.
- If any finalists would like to purchase the catalog, please contact Organizer for more information.
- Sizes & Requirements:
- No specific theme is required for 2019 I.A.G.P.C.
- 2019 I.A.G.P.C. will open to all artworks created and completed no earlier than June 2014.
- Exception: films and videos are not acceptable.
- 2D: 150cm Maximum Height; no limitation width. (note the larger the artwork, the higher the transportation fees.)
- 3d: 100 cm x 100 cm x 100 cm (maximum); no limitation on weight.
- Sale Price: All submitted artworks must be for sale. the sale price of each artwork shall be clearly indicated in the Entry Form by artists. Please note that the commission of the organizer will be 50% sale price. the organizer may not select any artwork with a sale price deviating from the market price in Asia.
- Requirements for digital image:
- Acceptable Files: JPG
- An image must be fine quality with 300 dpi
- File Size: no less than 5 MB; One JPG Image per entry
- File Name: Please save the file name by lowercase letters in the following format:
- Title of artwork_media_size (W x H cm or W x D x H cm) _sale price_1 (E.g. Happy Day oil on canvas_50x70cm_USD500_1).
- Do not include symbols other than underscore “_” into the file name.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- Finalists: All accepted entries will be exhibited for sale in the A.R.T.2018.
- Championship: The juror will select 1 artist to participate in the International Artist Salon in A.R.T. 2020. X-Power Gallery will sponsor the winner two free exhibition units (9m2 for each) and the round-trip transportation fee of the selected artworks for shipping to Organizer and if unsold, returning back to the winner.
- Gallery Award: The juror will select SOME artists to participate in the International Artist Salon in A.R.T. 2020. X-Power Gallery will sponsor the winners one to two free exhibition units (9m2 for each) and the one-way transportation fee of the selected artworks for shipping to Organizer.
- Certificate: Each finalist will receive one certificate of the exhibition.
The application deadline is October 31, 2018.