With over 40,000 students, IU Bloomington is the flagship institution of the Indiana University system and its largest university. Its mission is to create, disseminate, preserve, and apply knowledge. IU educational experiences change the lives of their graduates—and the lives of the communities they serve as experts and professionals.
With 78% Indiana University acceptance rate, it is generally open to those who apply. The Office of the Provost oversees the academic programs, research, and policies of 16 schools on the Indiana University Bloomington campus. Together, these units offer more than 550 individual degree programs and majors. Indiana University’s Graduate school offers 190 degree and certification programs.
What GPA do you need to get into Indiana University?
- The average GPA at Indiana University Bloomington is 3.64.
- This makes Indiana University Bloomington Strongly Competitive for GPAs.
- With a GPA of 3.64, Indiana University Bloomington requires you to be above average in your high school class.
Is Indiana University an Ivy League school?
- Founded in 1820, Indiana University Bloomington is the flagship campus of IU’s seven campuses and two regional centers statewide.
- Indiana University is one of America’s “Public Ivy” universities, which refers to the top public universities in the United States that are considered to provide a quality of education compared with the Ivy League.
- Indiana University is one of 62 members of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading North American research universities.
- IU offers students the chance to experience award-winning performances.
Indiana University SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
What is a good ACT score for Indiana University?
- The average ACT score at Indiana University Bloomington is 27.
- This score makes Indiana University Bloomington Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
How much does it cost to go to Indiana University?
IU cost of attendance for full-time undergraduates, 2018–19 academic years
|Tuition and fees||$10,680||$35,456|
|Room and board||$10,466||$10,466|
|Total direct costs||$21,146||$45,922|
|Books and supplies||$930||$930|
|Total indirect costs||$3,632||$3,632|
|Total cost of attendance||$24,778||$49,554|
What are the majors at Indiana University is known for?
- The most popular majors at Indiana University–Bloomington include: Business/Commerce, Public Administration, Informatics, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, and Psychology.
- Its curriculum ensures that undergraduates develop essential skills—such as critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving—and a deep understanding of the human condition, plus in-depth knowledge and skills in their chosen field.
How much is tuition at Indiana University?
- The 2018 undergraduate tuition & fees of Indiana University-Bloomington are $10,533 for Indiana residents and $34,845 for out of State students and the 2018 graduate school tuition & fees are $10,279 for State residents and $31,448 for others.
- For the academic year 2017-2018, the undergraduate tuition & fees at Indiana University-Bloomington is $10,533 for in-state and $34,845 for out-of-state students.
- The undergraduate 2018-2019 estimated tuition & fees at Indiana University-Bloomington is $10,680 for in-state and $35,454 for out-of-state students.
Is Indiana University a public or private school?
- The university is home to an extensive student life program, with more than 750 student organizations on campus and with around 17 percent of undergraduates joining the Greek system.
- Its Innovation, creativity, and academic freedom are hallmarks of our world-class contributions in research and the arts.
- IU educational experiences change the lives of our graduates—and the lives of the communities they serve as experts and professionals.
- IU researchers study an enormous range of interests, tackling the big questions in one of the most respected and exciting environments for discovery.
- As a student at Indiana University, it’s your job to explore uncharted territories, discover new facets of your personality, and find the things you’re most passionate about.
- IU faculty, students, and alumni aspire to the highest standards of their fields, bringing home prestigious national and international awards: Tonys, Oscars, Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes, Emmys, Grammys, Olympic medals, Guggenheim, and Fulbright.
What is the SAT score required for Indiana University?
- The average SAT score composite at Indiana University Bloomington is 1240.