The Indiana students have a tremendous opportunity to apply for the Indiana Homeland Security Scholarship Program. The program is administrated by the IDHS for the students enrolled at Indiana College.
The foundation provides financial support to scholars who wish to pursue a degree in public safety across Indiana. The recipients get help to pay for their several educational expenses like tuition, fees with the help of the grant.
The Indiana Department of Homeland Security leads Indiana’s emergency planning and operations, first responder training and fire and building safety. It serves as a federal facilitator for funding to support emergency management and grant funding to protect from risks.
Who May Eligible?
The students with the below requirements will be considered for the program:
- Must be an Indiana resident who is an incoming or continuing student
- Must attend or will be attending an accredited Indiana college
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants who are state employees or special state appointees ARE NOT eligible for a scholarship.
How to Apply
The eligible applicants are asked to fill out their details by logging in. The students without an active iGMS account must complete the New iGMS User Form and return it to email@example.com with an “FY21 Scholarship: New iGMS user” email subject line.
- Must include an official college or high school (for incoming newcomers) transcript.
- Must submit a recommendation letter written from the public safety organization’s chief executive describing the volunteer work completed by the candidate.
- Must submit a resume or list of past employment, awards, honours, or volunteer and service activities.
- Must write a minimum 500-word essay describing why the applicant is applying for this scholarship and why the applicant believes volunteering is essential.
- A completed Vendor Information Form (State Form 53788)
A full-time student with at least twelve (12) credit hours will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship and a part-time student with at least six (6) hours will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
The deadline to submit your complete application packet is 5 p.m. on June 15, 2020.